Can You Use 2 Wireless Headphones from Same Transmitter? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can You Use 2 Wireless Headphones from Same Transmitter?

EdwardGein
02-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm in love with my new Pioneer DIR800-C Surround Sound Wireless Headphones which retail from $300 to $400. As I'm limited to the volume I can play on my Home Theater System in my apartment, these headphones actually sound better then listening to my speakers for surround sound, hard as that is to be believed. When I'm wearing to these headphones I'm actually not even aware they're on and it sounds like I'm listening to the most balanced 5.1 surround sound speakers & sub in the world, when in fact I'm just listening to headphones. Right now, the transmitter is set up in my bedroom connected from my Denon Receiver (optical output) to the transmitters digital in. I'd like to be able to use this in the living room too but the only way to do this, is to have at minimum another transmitter there as I don't want to move the transmitter in & out of the 2 rooms. It appears that Pioneer won't sell me the transmitter seperately so I'd save money. My question is, if I did have another transmitter, would it even work on my current DIR800-C headphones or would I have to still by a sperate system. In other words, does the transmitter just work on one individual DIR-800C headphone
or will it work on any DIR-800C headphone. If anyone has problems playing DVD's over your home system because the volume upsets other people, I'd totally recommend investing the $300-$400 to buy these as they will sound just as good as your speakers, hard to believe, but true.