Proto-Kaw Review: The Wait of Glory [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Proto-Kaw Review: The Wait of Glory

BarryL
02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
DPRP drooled all over the latest Proto-Kaw release by Kerry Livgren's (ex-Kansas) band, called The Wait Of Glory.

After listening to this for about a week, I don't hear it. It's rather bland, mediocre, and uninspired. Kansas was like a punk band compared to this sleepy effort. There is no doubt that the band is talented, and the vocal harmonies sound exquisite. They just aren't put to good use to fire up the prog belly. More like musical wallpaper.

Too bad, really. I thought the previous album, Before Becomes After was more interesting.

Any thoughs, Dave?

Dave_G
02-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi Barry,

I have not heard this disc so I can't comment, sorry.

I'm open for re-starting our trades, though, let me know.

I hope you are well.

The new Pendragon is pretty good.

Dave

BarryL
02-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Barry,

I have not heard this disc so I can't comment, sorry.

I'm open for re-starting our trades, though, let me know.

I hope you are well.

The new Pendragon is pretty good.

Dave

Email me at <lastname>(at)istar.ca

Mr Peabody
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey, what is a good Pendragon album to start with? I listened to the samples of The World, which I think is the new one, it sounded pretty good. I got the impression it was a more mellow Prog along the lines of Pink Floyd, would you agree or were the samples misleading?

BarryL
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey, what is a good Pendragon album to start with? I listened to the samples of The World, which I think is the new one, it sounded pretty good. I got the impression it was a more mellow Prog along the lines of Pink Floyd, would you agree or were the samples misleading?

THe Masquarade Overture. The World is also very good. The new one is called Believe, and I haven't heard it so I can't comment.

No, I wouldn't compare them to Pink Floyd. They are more like Marillion or IQ if you know those bands.