250 Watt Active SubwooferSA-WX700-Good deal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 250 Watt Active SubwooferSA-WX700-Good deal

thekid
02-12-2006, 05:23 PM
For the budget minded.......

I was surfing the CC site today and came across this Sony sub. For the budget minded or extra sub you may want to check this unit out. It can go low and provides pretty good punch without distortion. Put it through the usual paces... LOTR and Master/Commander etc and it exceled.

I know Sony subs are not ranked/rated among the best but this one is not too bad and currently is available for only about $110 through the web it normally runs $200-$300.

Specs

• Built-in Digital Amplifier with 250 Watts into 3 ohms from 20 Hz - 200 Hz at 0.8% THD

• Advanced SAW (Super Acoustically Loaded) Bass Reflex Design

• Dual 10" Drivers

• Level Control

• Phase Invert Switch

• Audio Features

• Variable High-Cut Frequency Control 50 - 200 Hz

• Frequency Response --- 20 - 200 Hz

• Low Boost Function

• Inputs

• Line-Level and Speaker-Level Inputs

• Line Output for Additional Subwoofer

• Speaker Level Outputs

• Convenience Features

• Auto Power On/Off

• Speaker Cables and RCA Cable Included

• Low Bass Boost

• Supplied Accessories

• Instruction Manual

• Speaker Cables (2) (2.5 m)

• RCA Cable (2m)

• Specs:

• Power Output (3 ohms, 20-200 Hz, 0.8% THD) --- 250 Watts

• High Cut Frequency --- 50Hz - 200 Hz

• Frequency Response --- 20 - 200 Hz

• Input Sensitivity Impedance --- 100 mV /47 k ohm

• Power Requirements --- 120V AC, 60 Hz

• Weight: Approx. 61.7 lbs. (28 kg)

• Dimensions: Approx. 15.3" x 19.7" x 18.7" (390 x 487 x 475 mm)

anamorphic96
02-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I hear you on this one. It's a great sub that alot of people do not give the time of day. It"s a shame because at it's price it's a stellar sub.

I learned a long time ago that dismissing a certain product because it's from a comapny with a mediocre rep is a bad thing to do. Even companies with mediocre reps when it comes to upper or high end audio is bad thing. These companies can and do produce exceptional products from time to time.

caniac
02-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I tried one of those things for about a week.

I can't say I loved it, but that a lot of that is probably just personal taste. I imagine I would probably love it if I listened to a lot of hip-hop and rap.

dinon
02-15-2006, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=thekid]For the budget minded.......

I was surfing the CC site today and came across this Sony sub. For the budget minded or extra sub you may want to check this unit out. It can go low and provides pretty good punch without distortion. Put it through the usual paces... LOTR and Master/Commander etc and it exceled.

I know Sony subs are not ranked/rated among the best but this one is not too bad and currently is available for only about $110 through the web it normally runs $200-$300.

I wonder where you found it for $110? I checked on CC.com yesterday, it was $199. It is very good sub for the money.

thekid
02-15-2006, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=thekid]For the budget minded.......

I wonder where you found it for $110? I checked on CC.com yesterday, it was $199. It is very good sub for the money.

Dinon

Sorry it looks like the deal is gone. The deal I got on Sunday was $90 instant discount off the regular price of $299 which took it down to $209 and then they offered the additional $100 rebate offer. Maybe this was a Presidents Day deal I don't know.

I'd keep checking, if they did it once they most likely will offer it again. I would add that I think it is a pretty good deal even at the current rebated price of $199. I have been using it primarily fr music these last few days and as it breaks itself in the sound is just getting better. Highly recommend you check this one out.