02-12-2006, 04:43 PM
9 May Tuesday
Black Heart Procession - The Spell
Danielson - Ships
Grandaddy - Just Like The Fambly Cat
The Like Young - Last Secrets
Mission Of Burma - The Obliterati
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium [2xCD]

I didn't know a new BHP was in the works, and it looks like this will be the last Grandaddy record.

Slosh
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
2006 looks like it's shaping up nicely for some of my current favorites. Anyone know the release date for You In Reverse (Built To Spill)?

I'm all over the final Grandaddy and the new BHP. I'm hoping BHP gives us a little more of that Amore del Tropico flavor, although they can do no wrong in my eyes.

Of course there's always the bands that come out of nowhere, like Bloc Party did last year and Arcade Fire the year before. I still haven't picked up any 2006 albums yet. There are a few from last year I'm still looking out for, such as the last Holopaw.

Davey
02-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I saw that BHP a few weeks ago, although they didn't have a title then. Also on my list ...

Calexico - Garden Ruin (04.11)
Built To Spill - You in Reverse (04.11)
Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Ballads Of The Broken Seas (04.04)
Josh Ritter - The Animal Years (04.04)
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood (03.07)
The Deadstring Brothers - Starving Winter Report (02.21)
Ray Davies - Other People's Lives (02.21)

Slosh
02-12-2006, 05:27 PM
11 April looks like a winner too. :) How did I forget Calexico?

Stone
02-13-2006, 05:33 AM
11 April looks like a winner too. :) How did I forget Calexico?

Yep, that looks like a good release date too. I've been listening to Feast of Wire lately, and am convinced I never gave it the time it deserved when it came out, because I like it more and more the more I listen to it.

tentoze
02-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Neko's new one is quite good. Not earth-shattering,and no new ground plowed, but her pipes are in fine shape.

Is that Campbell/Lanegan thing another covers album?

Davey
02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Neko's new one is quite good. Not earth-shattering,and no new ground plowed, but her pipes are in fine shape.
You've become too obnerized. Those obners are always dissecting the albums a few months before release based on the leak. Takes all the fun out of it for the rest of us who still like to do it the old fashoined way, with the artists that we love ;)

Ah, Isobel and Mark. She wrote most of the songs but Mark wrote at least one and there's at least one cover. Not quite sure about how they share vocals ...

Product Description
Scottish chanteuse Isobel Campbell has inked a long term world-wide recording deal with V2 records. Isobel, formally of Belle & Sebastian, has spent the initial part of this year completing works on Ballad Of The Broken Seas, the collaborative album recorded with former Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age singer, Mark Lanegan. Although much of the album was recorded with Campbell in her native Glasgow, and Lanegan in Los Angeles, the two actually came together in the studio in L.A. in May to cut a number of new tracks for the release, including a new Lanegan penned song, 'Revolver' and a version of the traditional blues tune, ' St James Infirmary '. 2006.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CNEQ64.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg