No Audio from Denon 3806 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : No Audio from Denon 3806

crux12
02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Thought I had this Denon 3806 figured out some what, but guess I was wrong. Attempting to play a DVD with an Optical link from player to 3806 and component video also from DVD to 3806 to TV.

We are seeing video fine, but lack audio even after reading the manual several times with quite a bit of "help" from family.

Could anyone help out on this please?

EdwardGein
02-11-2006, 05:58 PM
On the Denons, you have to assign the individual Digital inputs or else no sound will be produced. See your manual "Setting the Digital In assignments" which is page 24 in my Denon Manual You will need to put in "optic input" on whatever its assigned to in whatever the function. IE, DVD would be assigned to input one via optic cable. If you do not assign anything, no sound will be produced. If you have DVD assigned by something other then optic cable on the receivers set up no sound will go through if your connecting by optic cable. Also make sure your optic cable is in correctly on both ends. If that is the problem, I suggest you go over step by step in what you've set up on your Denon receiver & what you've set up on your DVD player. You will have to hook up by regular video rca cable something from the denon video out to a video in on your TV to follow each step as you can't tell everything on the outside of the receiver. Amonst the Denons set ups are, speaker set ups, dbs., input set up, distance from each speaker, bass/treble, 5.1 or 7,1, regular system or mult system, etc. If you do not have this set up you are not listening correctly. The same with your DVD set up My DVD set up is my component cables on the DVD go into my HDTV's component 1 input. My audio is hooked up to my Denon receiver by optic cable from the DVD's optic out to the receivers optic in.