Hey Geoff... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Geoff...

Resident Loser
02-10-2006, 06:38 AM
...I realize it wasn't a particularly productive thread but...since you were the last post to it, I'll ask you...what happened to the AK thread? It says moved...but there doesn't seem to be a forwarding address...goes nowhere...doin' the limbo...Was it in the vault? Does Charlie have it? Sawyer? The others?...

jimHJJ(...talk about bein' lost...)

ericl
02-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I deleted it. i wouldn't a thread going on on another site bashing us/me, so i am not going to let it happen here. You guys can bash me all you want, but I don't want this to become an AR vs AK thing.

eric

GMichael
02-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I deleted it. i wouldn't a thread going on on another site bashing us/me, so i am not going to let it happen here. You guys can bash me all you want, but I don't want this to become an AR vs AK thing.

eric

OK, here goes...

Your avitar is creepy dude!

There. Take that.

ericl
02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
It's Willy Greenspan surrounded by members of the federal reserve. duh!

markw
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
OK, here goes...

Your avitar is creepy dude!

There. Take that.It looks like a black Henry Kissenger surrounded by the original Oompas Loompas.

markw
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
It's Willy Greenspan surrounded by members of the federal reserve. duh!Well, I was close.

Hey! How the heck did you respond a full seven minutes before I posted?

GMichael
02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, I was close.

Hey! How the heck did you respond a full seven minutes before I posted?

He is sooooooooo fast.

Resident Loser
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I deleted it. i wouldn't a thread going on on another site bashing us/me, so i am not going to let it happen here. You guys can bash me all you want, but I don't want this to become an AR vs AK thing.eric

...I didn't quite think that was the way it was going...just checked this AM to see how things were evolving since my last post to it and poof! it was gone.

jimHJJ(...simply curiosity...)

Re: the avatar...at that resolution looks like Santa's elves or a drunken Shriner. That's OK Dusty Chalk's still looks like a baby possum to me, even tho' it's a boid.

ericl
02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
...I didn't quite think that was the way it was going...just checked this AM to see how things were evolving since my last post to it and poof! it was gone.

jimHJJ(...simply curiosity...)

Re: the avatar...at that resolution looks like Santa's elves or a drunken Shriner. That's OK Dusty Chalk's still looks like a baby possum to me, even tho' it's a boid.

It wasn't such a bad thread, but it showed no signs of stopping. It's kind of an unspoken code amongst site admins, not to let angry users bash other sites. You could say we're competitors, but we're friends too (at least I like to think so).

I guess it's not very well known that the members of the federal reserve are actually oompa loompas. Go figure!

markw
02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I guess it's not very well known that the members of the federal reserve are actually oompa loompas. Go figure!I always pictured them as more like the gnomes from "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Trivia bit: The main gnome was Warwick Davis who made his acting debut in "Return of the Jedi" as the main ewok. I guess you could say he made short work of his acting career.

(I apologize to any altitudinaly challenged people in the audience. No offense intended)

Geoffcin
02-10-2006, 12:40 PM
It's Willy Greenspan surrounded by members of the federal reserve. duh!
Time for a new avatar. Want to borrow my Hannibal Lechter? I know you got a kick out or that one..... "silence of the spam"

Geoffcin
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
...I realize it wasn't a particularly productive thread but...since you were the last post to it, I'll ask you...what happened to the AK thread? It says moved...but there doesn't seem to be a forwarding address...goes nowhere...doin' the limbo...Was it in the vault? Does Charlie have it? Sawyer? The others?...

jimHJJ(...talk about bein' lost...)

I moved it to the Steel Cage, and I told the original poster that it was a bad idea to continue in the AK bashing vein.

My last post was like "back to griping about audio guys" He (the original poster) didn't get the hint and posted somemore AK bashing, so he got what was coming.

Resident Loser
02-10-2006, 01:03 PM
jimHJJ(...No Further Text...)

E-Stat
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I moved it to the Steel Cage, and I told the original poster that it was a bad idea to continue in the AK bashing vein.
That was my thought, but when I click "thread tools", my Firefox brownser just scrolls down the page a bit. I've opened up popups, etc for this site, but don't seem to have access. Do you use IE?

Freedom of speech is one thing and we know about everyone's opinions, but yelling FIRE in a crowded forum doesn't fly.

rw

ericl
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
That was my thought, but when I click "thread tools", my Firefox brownser just scrolls down the page a bit. I've opened up popups, etc for this site, but don't seem to have access. Do you use IE?

Yo E

I am a firefox user, but for admin tools on this forum, I stick with IE. vbulletin just doesn't work too great with firefox.

E-Stat
02-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Yo E

I am a firefox user, but for admin tools on this forum, I stick with IE. vbulletin just doesn't work too great with firefox.
Thanks EQG!

rw

emaidel
02-15-2006, 06:49 AM
As the "original poster" of the thread in question, I have (as Desi Arnaz would have said) "some 'splainin' to do."

Yes, it was an Ak-bashing post, and while I wanted to vent my frustration about my treatment over there, using the AudioReview forum just wasn't the place to do it. My final posting on the thread was something I'd hoped would be taken as amusing, but instead, it was more sarcasm and criticism than anything else.

So, now I'm a "good boy," behaving as I should (and should have) and am enjoying posting comments and starting new threads at my "new" home, AudioReview.com.