Need speaker suggestions for home theater. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need speaker suggestions for home theater.

Highgear
02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm really confused. I'm looking to upgrade my home theater and want to start with the speakers. Some suggested Klipsch. I couldn't find a Klipsch dealer in the area. After talking to a sales person at a high-end audio store. I was told that the Klipsch uses horn technology and the sound would not be true. He suggested Paridigm studio 20v3 or the larger tower in the series. I have to say that I do like the looks and sound of them. $1800 for the towers or $800 for the bookshelfs. Do I need to to go to this extreme in price to have a great sounding system. Two things I need. Good sound and a dark wood cabinet to match the surrounding furniture per the wife. Any suggestions? I have an Onkyo SR500 and plan to upgrade to the 803.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Speakers seem to be a very personal thing. One person's best is another person's junk. Start with this thread. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10906&highlight=bang

You'll find lots of ideas. The Klipsch may end up sounding fine to you if you get to hear them. I don't like the sound of horns myself, but others love them. Let your ears do the walking. Go to as many stores as you can. Hear as many speakers as you can. You make the call. Oh, and enjoy the trip. Don't be in a rush or you'll end up with something good, but find better down the road.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Highgear,

Why not hold onto that Onkyo for awhile so you can invest more into your speakers. The speakers are gonna make the biggest difference and you'll have em longer.

andrewwalsh
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
You can get a full 7.1 system using Yamaha NS speakers, they have 2 woofers in them and a mid and a tweetwe, they sound amazing and come with a piano black glass finish, the only speaker out there on the market with that look. for the whole shabang with fronts, center, surround and sides expect to pay about 1500 total. did i mention they sound amazing and look alost as good as they sound and they look sexxxy as the victorias secret comercials. haha

L.J.
02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
You can get a full 7.1 system using Yamaha NS speakers, they have 2 woofers in them and a mid and a tweetwe, they sound amazing and come with a piano black glass finish, the only speaker out there on the market with that look. for the whole shabang with fronts, center, surround and sides expect to pay about 1500 total. did i mention they sound amazing and look alost as good as they sound and they look sexxxy as the victorias secret comercials. haha
Dmax, your back.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 01:57 PM

hmmm... why are my spider senses twitching?