Queen DVD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Queen DVD

shaemus
02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I just re-watched the Queen DVD "We Will Rock You"? Has anyone else checked it out. I Love it. It is, IMO, much better than the Wembley DVD. The sound is great, the camera work is excellent the song list is awesome. It is also an indoor concert so you get a better appreciation for their light show at the time. It is from the 1983 tour for the album The Game and it is recorded in Montreal. (I have to admit the fans in the Wembley concert were notably better than the Montreal fans.)

If you are a Queen fan then this is a must-have. Freddie Mercury is "on" from the opening song to the end. That guy could sing. Near the beginning of the show they do fantastic version of Somebody to Love that should inspire even a non-Queen fan. This DVD is a great representation of the band in their peak.

PAT.P
02-08-2006, 10:25 PM
If you like Queen check out their Music Video collection 1 and 2 and Freddie Mercury Video, there a segment before he died.Is last CD was Made in Heaven and a must for is fan.

Dave_G
02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Yes this is indeed a very good dvd.

I never saw Queen in person...

I tell you, that band rocked hard, evenm tho they do have some foo-foo songs, they still kicked it out.

Also very good is the tribute to Freddie Mercury gig with "subs" for him. Extreme does a kick ass set as do all the other musicians.

Dave

shaemus
02-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Queen was the first concert I ever saw and to this day it is one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. (No doubt this is somewhat coloured by nostalgia and the fact that it was my first.)