Anyone heard these Von Schweikert VR 4.5? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard these Von Schweikert VR 4.5?

Geoffcin
02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
There's a pair on ebay that look tempting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5862933381&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

topspeed
02-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Geoff,

You're not actually thinking of buying another pair of speakers, are you? Where the hell do you put all these things?!? :D

Seriously tho, I'd bet VSA has an upgrade package for that speaker much in the same manner you can upgrade VR4's to HSE spec with Hovland caps, new drivers, etc. My bet is you could have a world class speaker for less than $3K all told. You've heard the jr's, what do you think?

Geoffcin
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Geoff,

You're not actually thinking of buying another pair of speakers, are you? Where the hell do you put all these things?!? :D

Seriously tho, I'd bet VSA has an upgrade package for that speaker much in the same manner you can upgrade VR4's to HSE spec with Hovland caps, new drivers, etc. My bet is you could have a world class speaker for less than $3K all told. You've heard the jr's, what do you think?

But this puppy looks like a different beast. The 4.5's spec out 20hz-20khz, so that would end my quest for a real full range floorstander.

Oh; The big CSW T-500's are in the bedroom now. Two pair of vintage EPI's up in the kid's rooms. Maggies & Axioms in the family room. Mom's got the KLH model 6's, and they are running of a vintage stereo Pioneer receiver to boot!

topspeed
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Where'd the Gallo's end up?

Geoffcin
02-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Where'd the Gallo's end up?

They were truely a great set of speakers, but ultimately not what I was looking for. Truth is they were bass limited without the dedicated amp, and I didn't feel like springing for that amp.

The Jas Orsus was a great speaker too, but also bass limited, and I did manage to hit the stops on it a few times while rocking out.