Av123...........????? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Av123...........?????

speakeroligist_38
02-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Has anyone here seen or heard the all new type X speakers over at av123.com??? These sure look nice and for only $199 a pair is unbelievable!!!!! Read on a few other forums that some people got to hear them at one of the shows. Right now they are taking pre-orders on them. Just cant help but wanting to know how good they sounded????

wgriel
02-08-2006, 04:26 PM
From all accounts they sound like a great bargain - I haven't heard them, but they have been discussed on a few other forums and from early descriptions should be a tremendous value.

Bill

drseid
02-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I confess I have not heard these either... But I can vouch for the sound quality in general of the AV123 speakers and subs.

I bought my dad a UFW-10 sub from them, and the build quality was phenominal. Oh yeah, the sound was quite good too. In general, I think the folks at Onix/Rocket put out some quality stuff. I would not be surprised if these are no exception...

---Dave

speakeroligist_38
02-09-2006, 12:06 PM
drseid sounds like these will in all probability be a real bargain. For the most part we both seem to have similiar tastes with respect to loudspeakers and listening habits-- so I trust your opinion. That is what keeps this hobby interesting--each of us learning from each other and trying to help each other out. Knowledge is power and experience is the best teacher IMHO. Thanks for the advice. Also, keep in mind the all new Studio 20 v.4's will be out soon. Maybe you could go and have a listen to them and who knows you may come away impressed.

drseid
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
drseid sounds like these will in all probability be a real bargain. For the most part we both seem to have similiar tastes with respect to loudspeakers and listening habits-- so I trust your opinion. That is what keeps this hobby interesting--each of us learning from each other and trying to help each other out. Knowledge is power and experience is the best teacher IMHO. Thanks for the advice. Also, keep in mind the all new Studio 20 v.4's will be out soon. Maybe you could go and have a listen to them and who knows you may come away impressed.
Certainly will do when they come out. Even though I am happy with my system, part of the fun is trying out new products on the market. Once in a while, you even find one that makes you *have* to pull the trigger... I never say never. :-)

---Dave