3-LockBox
02-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Hailing from just outside Manhattan....

http://www.izznet.com/downloads/mrf-press-release.pdf

thanks!

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2006, 02:38 PM
thanks!

No...thank YOU for asking the question. In looking up that information for you, I discovered that IZZ has a new CD out. A fact that I did not know. Now I think that you should buy it and then make me a copy since it hasn't been released in Canada. :D

3-LockBox
02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
No...thank YOU for asking the question. In looking up that information for you, I discovered that IZZ has a new CD out. A fact that I did not know. Now I think that you should buy it and then make me a copy since it hasn't been released in Canada. :D

Actually, it's been out for some time, and I heard it was the
Most AWESOME Album EVER

to be honest, I haven't heard a thing about this new one. But I am planning to buy it in the near future. Sorry.

BarryL
02-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Yeah, now that the Canadian border is closed to any foreign deliveries, there's no way that Amazon.com will be able to get your order to you.

Just ask him to make a copy for you. What does it's release in Canada have to do with anything?

(Next time I'll mind my own business, but I still want to know what you call me behind my back! :confused: )

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah, now that the Canadian border is closed to any foreign deliveries, there's no way that Amazon.com will be able to get your order to you.

Just ask him to make a copy for you. What does it's release in Canada have to do with anything?

(Next time I'll mind my own business, but I still want to know what you call me behind my back! :confused: )

For starters, I call you a busybody who can't mind his own business. :p

It's all about the shipping costs, which would be free if I could order it from Amazon.ca. Now quit getting in my way of trying to weasel free music.

And for what it's worth, it's already in my shopping basket over at Amazon.com. I'm just looking to see if there is anything else that I want to order from there before I press GO. Suggestions are welcome.

thphhhht.

Dusty Chalk
02-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Do you like the really heavy stuff, if it didn't have those terrible vocals? Canvas Solaris.

3-LockBox
02-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Do you like the really heavy stuff, if it didn't have those terrible vocals? Canvas Solaris.

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

ForeverAutumn
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM

I like heavy stuff, but it has to be melodic too. Head banging on its own, doesn't do it for me. I need to hear a tune.

Dusty Chalk
02-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Recent discovery for me -- Canvas Solaris. Didn't know it was instrumental until after I bought it. It was in the metal section, so, although it said "recommended for fans of Dream Theater, Rush" and a couple others I can't remember, I knew better than to expect that -- I was expecting more along the lines of Opeth. And indeed, the harsh juxtapositions of crushing, loud, heaviness and sparse, atmospheric, um...non-heaviness were there, but without the stupid vocals.

The light parts are pretty few and far between, but it still "works" -- proves something I didn't believe before them -- that you don't need minutes upon minutes to develop an ambient atmosphere -- it is possible to achieve within a few seconds. Think some of the interludes in various portions of Cygnus X-I, books one and two.

As to melody: well...this is "technical" metal, meaning very wanky -- lots of runs and arpeggios and time changes, but...I think this works. I'm not going to lie to you and say this is some of the most melodious metal I've ever heard -- bluntly, it's not -- but I really like it. But it's not the most amelodic I've heard, neither. That would probably be Painkiller. L, I think they're more melodic than even Malmsteen, but I could be wrong -- it's been a while since I listened to him.

You know how I sometimes describe music as "patient", meaning it takes longer to develop? This would be it's opposite. "Impatient" music, as it were -- you have to "listen more quickly", almost as if your metabolism was jumped up.

I imagine one minute samples over at amazon or wherever would probably have a goodly portion enough to give you an idea of what it's like, so I would recommend virtually trotting over there and giving a listen.

Besides, I know you like drumming, and the drumming is definitely good.

Kind of reminds me of the F**king Champs, without the riff-fetishes.