Lamest Forum Ever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lamest Forum Ever

MatsudaMan
02-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Can anyone direct me to a good audio forum? This one sucks.

bacchanal
02-07-2006, 07:00 AM
not sure what you're looking for, but
Audio Asylum (http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html)
Audioholics (http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/)
are a couple other big ones

...and I replied to your other thread
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16146

BinFrog
02-07-2006, 07:44 AM
All I heard was:

"Hi, I'm new and you all suck. Where else can I go?"

Oh please allow me to rhetort with a wealth of knowledge to help you on your way.

Garrardman
02-07-2006, 07:49 AM

Uncalled for and definitely rude. :mad:

Is it wrong that it made me laugh when i read it???!!! :D :D

GMichael
02-07-2006, 08:06 AM

Thanks for stopping in. Please come again.

JohnMichael
02-07-2006, 08:11 AM

A forum is only as good as its' members. As soon as you leave I am sure it will get better. Have a nice day and welcome to audioreview.

Resident Loser
02-07-2006, 08:25 AM

...you come here ask one lame-o question about replacing a power cord because your mids tweet and your highs woof and you think...no, no scratch "think", that requires a brain...you've been told it will help...and you get some reasonable answers to your inquiry and then dump on the site?

Yeah, being a good little sheeple, AA is a good choice for you...AH will probably eat you up and leave you in the large, smokin' pile you pretend not to be...

jimHJJ(...don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...toodles...)

markw
02-07-2006, 08:45 AM
This is the second of his only two posts, both within 30 minutes of each other. .. .and he got two responses within that time frame. I guess they didn't tell him what he wanted to hear.

I guess there's no pleasing some people.

N. Abstentia
02-07-2006, 09:03 AM
MatsudaMan
AR Newbie
Registered Member

Cambridge d500se need different power cord?
I've had my cambridge for a while now and I haven't been thrilled about the clarity of the upper range. would a better power cord help? If so any suggestions that won't break the bank? Thanks.

Anybody who would ask that question can't be too smart in the first place, so good riddance.

Bernd
02-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes a new Power Cord would make a huge difference. It would take you all the way to a new forum.
Have a good trip and mind how you go.

Bernd

drseid
02-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Goodbye, SO sorry to see you go. It really is a shame to see someone with your wealth of knowledge leaving us lame-os here. I don't think we will be able to go on without you... Are you sure we can't persuade you to stay? On second thought,... nah.

---Dave

ericl
02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe if you put a new power cord on your computer, the forum will be better.

sorry, couldn't resist.

GMichael
02-07-2006, 11:46 AM

sorry, couldn't resist.

If he uses a rainbow colored power cord instead of the standard black or grey he should have better luck. I use a rosed colored cable. That's why I am always so happy.

Woochifer
02-07-2006, 11:48 AM

sorry, couldn't resist.

I think when using one of those braided wrap thingees on a power cord, it helps improve the high range clarity of one's posts. After I got one of those, even my wife now understands my previously incomprehensible internet rantings!

SlumpBuster
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM

He has a point. This forum does suck. I think its a bandwith problem. If AR.com had more bandwith then maybe it wouldn't suck. But the problem is that bandwith on the internets is so tight because of all the resources being sucked up by www.matsudaman'smom'sawonderfulperson.com.

See what I did there...

wayner86
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Remove the plug from the player while still hooked up to the outlet and taste test for continuity. :confused:

Whats with all the AR bashing posts the last couple days, some jacka$$ posted a claim the other day that AR infects your pc with spyware, lol.

markw
02-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Remove the plug from the player while still hooked up to the outlet and taste test for continuity. :confused:

Whats with all the AR bashing posts the last couple days, some jacka$$ posted a claim the other day that AR infects your pc with spyware, lol.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16146

For more, check out the thread by this kid in the amp/preamp section that seems to have started it. ...it ain't his first.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16060

jmilford
02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
i agree with matsuda man. im out.

PAT.P
02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
i agree with matsuda man. im out.Get back in your truck and back to the woods . :rolleyes:

opt80
02-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Obviously you are worrying too much about your stereo and not enough about manners.
You can invest the $$ you'd spend on a power cord and take a course on manners.It may take you farther in life then a 5 ft. power cord.

Bye Now

Alan

Jim Clark
02-07-2006, 09:16 PM
i agree with matsuda man. im out.

Dang, didn't know you were in. Go ahead and let the door hit you.

jc

markw
02-08-2006, 03:53 AM
i agree with matsuda man. im out.Children do tend to get ignored when attempting to break into an adult conversation. And the really young ones get petulant when they are ignored.

QED

Does anybody know if our highly paid 24/7 rolling boom box expert is off today?

Also, it obviously never occured to this loser that perhaps nobody knew the answer to his question? After all, how many auto questions are here? Don't these kids even check out the neighborhood before posting?

Hmmmm ...maybe this IS turning into an adult swim after all.

noddin0ff
02-08-2006, 07:40 AM
22 replies! And it wasn't even a good troll.

GMichael
02-08-2006, 07:48 AM
22 replies! And it wasn't even a good troll.

See what happens when I go away for a few days?

noddin0ff
02-08-2006, 08:21 AM
See what happens when I go away for a few days?

I know, man. It's like we need a troll boot camp or something. Gotta get the standards up.

"Sir, GMichael, Sir! I will troll with more wit and creativity, Sir!"

Resident Loser
02-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Dang, didn't know you were in. Go ahead and let the door hit you.jc

...what can you expect from someone who is too stupid to realize this ain't CARAudio Review.com and waits...and waits...and waits...

Blew his sub or somesuch...good, that's one less rolling boombox befouling the air...

jimHJJ(...it must be the warm winter, it's bringin' 'em out early...)

wayner86
02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if "jmilford" & "matsudaman" were the same person........how bout an ip check mods :)

GMichael
02-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I know, man. It's like we need a troll boot camp or something. Gotta get the standards up.

"Sir, GMichael, Sir! I will troll with more wit and creativity, Sir!"

A troll camp? And I get to teach newbies how to be propper trolls? Cool, when do I start.

"Slouch down!" "No cruel relpies about people's mothers or other family members!"
"You there in the corner!" "Let me hear you laugh." Not bad, but next time throw in a backhanded comment about sex.

I'll work on a program to whip these trolls into shape. Who wants to sign up first?
I'll also need an assistant. Anyone interested?

E-Stat
02-08-2006, 09:56 AM
how bout an ip check mods :)
Way different.

rw

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Way different.

rw

You mean this kind of rudness travels in packs? Sheeesh!

jmilford
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult. you all are the ones who get off on putting people down. all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving. how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like that. i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post. check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple question for someone on here. and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself, and maybe someone would reply to my first question, but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer. and bc a system is in a car, all of a sudden no one knows what to do? you put your self down there. but anyways, this IS NOT what i came here for. i didnt mean to start a fight, or join a fight or whatever.

noddin0ff
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult. you all are the ones who get off on putting people down. all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving. how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like like that. i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post. check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple for someone on here. and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself, and maybe someone would reply to my first question, but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer.

Ahhh, I see. You figured a well placed insult would encourage people to take a moment aside , search for all posts by jmilford, find the first post, read it, think about the voltage gain going to the sub that would kick on the amp, contemplate your problem, and compose an answer.

I think you need to reevaluate your approach. Perhaps an alternative would be to reply to your own first post with something like "bump" or "Can anyone help me please?" Maybe there's just 40 well meaning people who read your post and didn't have an answer. Rephrase that, 40 well meaning HOME audio people reading a HOME audio forum, who might not know or care much for CAR audio issues.

There's a metaphor about flies and honey vs. vinegar in there somewhere.

GMichael
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Still waiting on someone to sign up.

markw
02-08-2006, 11:55 AM
well i was hoping for a reply, yes, i "checked my nieghboors", yes i am an adult.Really? Withyour remark here you sure could have fooled me.

you all are the ones who get off on putting people down.Like, you didn;t ask for it? Riiiight.

all i did is agree with someone and that i was leaving.It ain't what ya say but how you say it. ...and you got what you asked for,

how good can a forum be if it treat nubes to your site like that.Now, if you had any idea what was going on instead of jumping on the badmouth bandwagon you would know, just like we all did, that this was not a newbie but a banned member trolling under another moniker simply to stir up trouble.

i do not know anything about matsudoman, except for his post.Reread above reply and you may want to wipe that egg off your face.

check whatever want. i asked what i thought would probably be a simple question for someone on here.Think, man! Do you see a lot of discussion about car audio here? No? Well then, why did you assume we would know. If it's that simple then Best Buy should be able to answer it.

and by my second post, honestly, i was hoping to bring attention to myself,...and you succeeded beyond your wildest expectations, eh?

.. and maybe someone would reply to my first question,Assuming someone even knew what to tell you, why should anyone want to bother to reply to someonw whio just insulted us?
... but no. i got 40 something people to look at it but no, no answer.Morbid curiosity to see what kind of a question could set someone off like that. And, see previous posts for why no answers.

and bc a system is in a car, all of a sudden no one knows what to do?Ah, yep. there's a world of difference between hooking up a home theater system and a car audio system. You might want to remember that before asking people for help that MIGHT know what you obviously DON'T know. Insulting them is not a recommended way to coax answers out of people. Heck, even the dumbarse that started this thread knew that ..and he only just turned 17! He didn't start flinging explitives until AFTER he got his answers.

this IS NOT what i came here for. i didnt mean to start a fight, or join a fight or whatever.Again, you could have fooled me. You sure seemed willing to jump into the bottom of the dogpile.

Now, go find a nice CAR AUDIO site if you want answers. I think you've somewhat antagonized pretty much everyone here.

topspeed
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
*pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*

markw
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
*pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/jokes/monty-python-arguement.html

MikeyBC
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM

topspeed
02-08-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/jokes/monty-python-arguement.htmlOh man, that brings back memories!

Ahh...Good times!

jmilford
02-08-2006, 07:39 PM
i, apparently incorrectly, figured that car audio went under the catagory of AUDIOREVIEW. I DID NOT fling explitives, i didnt mention explitives. BEST BUY charges out the butt. as soon as i can figure out how to delete my name i will never come back, just to stop this rediculousness. i cant stand to stay on this website long enough to figure out how to do that. because of the numbers of members i am sure many of you are perfectly good people. i will not ever say anything else about this website to anyone. but *some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond.* i understand you all know WAY more than i about audio, except for in vehicles, but it wouldnt hurt to learn some other things. *CITE (i doubt its word for word but the coal comment is from FARRIS BEULLERS' DAY OFF)

bobsticks
02-08-2006, 08:37 PM

I just came back from Circuit City after having purchased the new Apogee Stages and hooked 'em up to my dad's Realistic receiver. We've had this amp in our family for three generations and it CRANKS dude so I know it can't be the fault of the amp--thirty watts of screaming power man! Anyways, I was all excited until I plugged everything up and it sounds like metal grating, y'know like an old fire escape. My question is "what's up?"
I thought these things were supposed to be good but they SUCK!! Can anyone give me some helpful advise to get these things rockin' within the next twenty minutes?
PS My dinosaur picture just fell off the wall. Could this have effected the sound of the Apogees?

Go easy on me G, its my first troll...

markw
02-09-2006, 05:26 AM
i, apparently incorrectly, figured that car audio went under the catagory of AUDIOREVIEW.Oh? What other car audio posts did you see here? ...or did you just jump in and post without even checking out the neighborhood? A lot of newbies do that but few are so arrogant in trying to defend their actions like you are.

I DID NOT fling explitives, i didnt mention explitives.No, but openly agreeing with a guy that says "this site sucks" is essentially the same thing.

BEST BUY charges out the butt.Well, you paid Best Buy to put it in. They should be able to fix it. We didn't install it. Best Buy did.

as soon as i can figure out how to delete my name i will never come back, just to stop this rediculousness. i cant stand to stay on this website long enough to figure out how to do that.Just stop posting. Is that concept so beyond you?

because of the numbers of members i am sure many of you are perfectly good people.We are. But rude children and trolls sometimes slip in and, when they are discovered, this is the treatment they get.

i will not ever say anything else about this website to anyone.You don't have to. It did all right before you arrived and will continure to do so after you leave. In fact, probably better since the "gene pool" will be somewhat cleansed.

. but *some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond.*Now, now... If you did a little homework before jumping into the frey you might have known better. Don't blame others for your self created problems. That's not the way an adult handles life.

i understand you all know WAY more than i about audio, except for in vehicles, but it wouldnt hurt to learn some other things. *CITE (i doubt its word for word but the coal comment is from FARRIS BEULLERS' DAY OFF)So, you're saying we home aufio hobbiests should bone up on audio just so we could answer your question? Riiiiight.

Besides, there already IS a car audio forum which you seem to have overlooked. I take it you didn't notice (or even bother to look for) the link to "Car Audio" only a few lines below the forum where you posted your query? Now, tell me honestly, wouldn't most people with your problem post there?

"Hello, Mc Fly... *knock* *knock*... anybody home?"

Again, it pays to check the neighborhood and see what forums are available before simply entering and posting at the first convenient.

You were the one so ready, willing and able to jump on board with a "this site sucks" post without having ANY idea what you were talking about. Again, had you even bothered to peruse this site for a few minutes it, it would have been clear, at least to most sentient beings, that car audio is not a topic of discussion here. ....and then you get all huffy when nobody answers you.

You might benefit from this, which another member so kindly supplied for just these occasions:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

BTW, I thought you said you were leaving? I see you're a man of your word, too.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 06:04 AM
some of you need to take that chunk of coal out of your butt hole before you make a diamond

Ding ding ding. Now THAT'S funny! Don't remember that from the movie, but points for it.

Now stay calm and play nice.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks for signing up. You are our first customer. No charge for the first lesson. Tell your friends.

I just came back from Circuit City

Good start. Bringing up the CC name is always a great way to get people here on edge.

after having purchased the new Apogee Stages and hooked 'em up to my dad's Realistic receiver.

Bravo! This shows that you've been reading up on your neighbors. I'm sure Flo will even agree that this is dang funny.

We've had this amp in our family for three generations and it CRANKS dude so I know it can't be the fault of the amp--thirty watts of screaming power man!

Actually, 30 watts can sound very good. But points for the Realistic and effort.

Anyways, I was all excited until I plugged everything up and it sounds like metal grating, y'know like an old fire escape. My question is "what's up?"
I thought these things were supposed to be good but they SUCK!!

Good useage of the word SUCK.

Can anyone give me some helpful advise to get these things rockin' within the next twenty minutes?

I get where you are going with this, but you shouldn't put this in the first post. Next time leave it out and after the 20 minutes is up, start a flame war.

PS My dinosaur picture just fell off the wall. Could this have effected the sound of the Apogees?

Very nice! Someone's been doing their homework. Impressive.

Go easy on me G, its my first troll...

I'll give you the pixy snot seal of approval. This was a very good first troll. I only have a couple of points:

You need more sex related punchlines. But they can't be straight up. You have to bring them in the back door so only others with your same sick sense of humour will understand.

You only posted the one time. You need to post repeaded stupid remarks in a short time frame to be a true troll. Throw in a few remarks about your cottonwood tree. Or ask us if you think your system sounds ok to us.

Keep up the good work. You are well on your way to getting the golden quicksilver award for trolling.

Resident Loser
02-09-2006, 07:01 AM
...is that everyone wants it all...on a silver platter...yesterday.

I don't know if it's in the water...or a part of the media-produced penchant for the sound-bite mentality or simply an awful evolution of the more self-indulgent of the boomers, who have spawned genetically mutated progeny, whose predominant traits seem to be based in the tantrum/whine/everyone-gets-a-gold-star sense of ego.

In light of that, did you...jmilford, take the time to look at the various (and kindly take note of the proper nomenclature)forums contained on this site?

I don't think you did. You jmilford, just came here as a result of some vague and imprecise web search...BTW, was there a forum that bit the big one in particular...or is it the site in general you find so disenchanting?...strike one.

If you had the common sense to look beyond "General Audio" for something a bit more specific, jmilford, you might have run into the Home Theater forum...Even with optional DVD set-ups for the kiddie-winkies of the SUV/mini-van set, mobile HT seems a bit of a stretch, eh wot!...now to most folks who have a few brain cells cohabitating between their ears, this would be a strong indication to look beyond or even elsewhere...

Going beyond (forum-wise), jmilford, my argument becomes even more compelling. Favorite Films...Vintage Gear...Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!...But, ho! What's this...a long and arduous stroll of a scroll away, look!...there it is!...the Holy Grail!...aka elsewhere! CAR AUDIO...All will be revealed...Why it's even a link!...requires but a keystroke...strike two...

So, for a brief recap (it's probably needed by now, esp. in light of the previously mentioned sound-bite bit)...you, jmilford, the lazy and imprecise slacker that all evidence indicates you are, go to an inappropriate site and post in an inapproprite forum...and wait...and wait...and wait...for a response to a question to which no one (a) has an answer (b) gives a r@ts @$$ or (c) all of the above. If you guessed C (and I can only assume guessing may be your forte)...you are correct! How refreshing...

Then you have the consumate gall to misinterpret the premise of an existing thread, concerning an equally numb-nutted dolt, and his assorted sock-puppets, and get p!$$ed at US...STEEE-rike three.

Are you sure, you jmilford, wouldn't like to reconsider your threat to leave?

jimHJJ(...although the first inclination is usually a good one...)

L.J.
02-09-2006, 07:21 AM

Oooo Oooo me next, me next!!! OK:

Hi, I have three pairs of speakers for my house, which will sound best? I have Yamaha, Sony and Panasonic speakers, which on will give me the sound I'm looking for?

Also the Sony are towers, I like the sound of the Sony and Yamaha and Panasonic. Which one will sound best and give me more bass?

Also I have a JVC and Panasonic AVR. Which will sound best to me with what speaker? I need help choosing what sounds good to me.

Perhaps I will replace with Bose 321. Will that sound better? What if I replace the Sony tweeter and woofer for Yamaha. Will that make the sound I want. I need help!

Well, how did I do?

GMichael
02-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Hi, I have three pairs of speakers for my house, which will sound best? I have Yamaha, Sony and Panasonic speakers, which on will give me the sound I'm looking for?

Also the Sony are towers, I like the sound of the Sony and Yamaha and Panasonic. Which one will sound best and give me more bass?

Also I have a JVC and Panasonic AVR. Which will sound best to me with what speaker? I need help choosing what sounds good to me.

Perhaps I will replace with Bose 321. Will that sound better? What if I replace the Sony tweeter and woofer for Yamaha. Will that make the sound I want. I need help!

Well, how did I do?

I don't think that this was your best effort. Points for trying but I think that you are copying another member's style. Try to come up with your own way of trolling. Put yourself into the role. Be the troll.
If you insist on copying this style, don't leave out the used panties in the mail part.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but I know that you have more potential than you have shown here.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't think that this was your best effort. Points for trying but I think that you are copying another member's style. Try to come up with your own way of trolling. Put yourself into the role. Be the troll.
If you insist on copying this style, don't leave out the used panties in the mail part.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but I know that you have more potential than you have shown here.

(LJ lowers head and walks out of room)

GMichael
02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
(LJ lowers head and walks out of room)

Don't give up so easy. I have big plans for you to take over my class when I retire. Try again. Put your heart into it this time.

markw
02-09-2006, 08:15 AM
and while you're at it, what's the best speaker?

markw
02-09-2006, 08:16 AM
This forum sucks!

GMichael
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
This forum sucks!

Bravo!

A distinct lack of effort followed by a generalizing, derogatory comment. You sir sound like a troll from way back. And you managed to pull it off without even a hint of trying. The hidden anger issue was a nice touch.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Don't give up so easy. I have big plans for you to take over my class when I retire. Try again. Put your heart into it this time.

Thread title: Bose is the best!

I just purchased a Bose 321 system and Im convinced you people here do not know what you're talking about. I read all the old posts here on Bose and you guys have no clue about quality sound!! Hands down, my Bose system will outperform any of your systems on anyday. I will go as far as saying that this system will outperform those costing 4 to 5 times as much! Bose is the best out there. If you all had any clue you would you would sell your sorry systems of big boxes and cluttered wires and join the Bose revolution.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Thread title: Bose is the best!

I just purchased a Bose 321 system and Im convinced you people here do not know what you're talking about. I read all the old posts here on Bose and you guys have no clue about quality sound!! Hands down, my Bose system will outperform any of your systems on anyday. I will go as far as saying that this system will outperform those costing 4 to 5 times as much! Bose is the best out there. If you all had any clue you would you would sell your sorry systems of big boxes and cluttered wires and join the Bose revolution.

Hmmm... back to basics on this one. The classic Bose thread. Very nice. This way, you know that someone will use the word "sucks" for you. You don't have to say it yourself. You may make it yet. You even worked in "big boxes." I assume that this was your attempt to play the sex angle. Very subtle.

I looked over your first try and feel that I was a little hard on you. Sorry for that. It was a good effort. But I was expecting spectacular from you.

Keep up the good work.

Your homework assignment will be to re-read the cottonwood thread and paraphrase it for the class.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Your homework assignment will be to re-read the cottonwood thread and paraphrase it for the class.

Oh, no you dont! I'm not reading that again. I'm still trying to recovery from the first time I read that thread.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh, no you dont! I'm not reading that again. I'm still trying to recovery from the first time I read that thread.

Be strong. Or at least lie to me. Say you re-read it, and go from the imprint you can't get off your brain. I'm sure it was burned in deap.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Be strong. Or at least lie to me. Say you re-read it, and go from the imprint you can't get off your brain. I'm sure it was burned in deap.

I couldnt explain that thread if I wanted to. There are no words. But you, I'm sure you can do it; no problem.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I couldnt explain that thread if I wanted to. There are no words. But you, I'm sure you can do it; no problem.

OK, let me try:

Q: I have three pair of speakers: which ones sound the best to you.
A: How can we tell? You're in the room with them. How do they sound to you?
Q: Pair A goes up to 20k but pair B goes down to 35 -80db and pair C goes down on me.
A: Those are all computer speaker. Why not sell them and get a real set.
Q: They aren't speakers! They are monitors and therefore much better than anything else known to man.
A: I have 3 cheeseburgers. Which one tastes the best to you? See how silly that sounds?
Q: You're making me mad. :mad: Don't pick on me for being gay. :(
A: Gay? huh? who cares? We can't tell you which speaker you have sounds best from here. Try moving them around the room if you don't like how they sound.
Q: Here are pictures of my room. Where should I put my speakers.
A: Can't tell from pictures. Can you draw the layout of your room for us? We'll try to help.
Q: Here are more pictures of my room.
A: Pictures won't do it. We need.. uh.. is that a picture of a guy pulling his wancker on your wall?
Q: yes, he's my dream boy. But I have a real boy toy. We've never met though. We've been writing for 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours and 23 minutes. I met him on a gay website. We love eachother very much. He says he's going to drive out here to see me in 6 months and 3 days for my 18th birthday so we can have sex. I hope he can make it this time. The last 7 & half times he tried to drive out something happened that he couldn't make it. Last time the wind was blowing too hard for him to make the trip. But I know he loves me. He mails me his underware for me to keep under my pillow.
A: uh... uh....
Q: Who can help me pick which speaker to use?
A: uh.. uh...
A: Is that a cat's litter box in your bedroom?
Q: Yes. I have a baby cottonwood tree too. He's a picture.
A: uh... uh...
A: here's how you should place your speakers.
Q: Can't do it that way. My cottonwood tree needs light.
A: OK, try this.
Q: Can't
A: just do it!
Q: nope
A: Arrrrrrrrrrrg!
A: Every day I die a little inside.

02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
OK, let me try:

Q: Pair A goes up to 20k but pair B goes down to 35 -80db and pair C goes down on me.
Q: They aren't speakers! They are monitors and therefore much better than anything else known to man.
A: I have 3 cheeseburgers. Which one tastes the best to you? See how silly that sounds?
A: Gay? huh? who cares? We can't tell you which speaker you have sounds best from here. Try moving them around the room if you don't like how they sound.
A: Can't tell from pictures. Can you draw the layout of your room for us? We'll try to help.
A: Pictures won't do it. We need.. uh.. is that a picture of a guy pulling his wancker on your wall?
Q: yes, he's my dream boy. But I have a real boy toy. We've never met though. We've been writing for 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours and 23 minutes. I met him on a gay website. We love eachother very much. He says he's going to drive out here to see me in 6 months and 3 days for my 18th birthday so we can have sex. I hope he can make it this time. The last 7 & half times he tried to drive out something happened that he couldn't make it. Last time the wind was blowing too hard for him to make the trip. But I know he loves me. He mails me his underware for me to keep under my pillow.

Water, water, I can't breathe, I am dying inside(and outside for that matter) I have gay speakers and that makes me mad, call Dr Phil.....

markw
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
OK, let me try:

A: Every day I die a little inside.You made me spit coffee all over my monitor and keyboard!

E-Stat
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
*pokes head in*

Man...

Tough room.

*quietly closes door*
:)

rw

noddin0ff
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
OK, let me try:

Ow. My ribs hurt! Please stop!

p.s. I checked today. Still no roadtrip to visit the possibly cheating, diabetic, paranoid, PMSing, ADHD, love of his life with conjestive heart failure.

L.J.
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Geez GM, thanks for bringing back those memories I was trying to forget. I didn't think you'd actually do it. Man, I gotta call my therapist now.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Ow. My ribs hurt! Please stop!

p.s. I checked today. Still no roadtrip to visit the possibly cheating, diabetic, paranoid, PMSing, ADHD, love of his life with conjestive heart failure.

Oh no. You didn't really go back and re-read that one did you? Argh...

GMichael
02-09-2006, 12:49 PM
You made me spit coffee all over my monitor and keyboard!

Kitty litter will soak that right up for you.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Geez GM, thanks for bringing back those memories I was trying to forget. I didn't think you'd actually do it. Man, I gotta call my therapist now.

Hello therapist? Can we talk? Not sure where to start but... once there was this forum.....This one guy... and then he said.....can you .... help me....

bobsticks
02-09-2006, 02:05 PM
GMichael,
Thanks for your thoughtful critique...if only all trolling instructors were as dedicated.
I readily admit to having blown the landing on that one. Note to self: wait a few minutes and repost.Got it.
In my own defense, I have spent the last seventeen and a half hours trying to get the damn dinosaur picture back on the wall. I'm using two inch drywall screws and my neighbors seem to lack a certain sense of civic duty. It's been impossible to find anyone to turn the ladder.
I'm concerned about the screws. Are two inch drywall screws too short. But, if I go with three and a half inch screws couldn't that compromise the structural integrity of the wall?
I see it now, refractory bass frequencies all over the place...Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Maybe I'll just go with a dinosaur fresco and avoid the whole screw thing.
Anyway, thanks again. I have committed myself to getting this troll thing right(everyone's gotta have a niche). I promise to be the first one to suggest $800 cables the next time a poster asks for replacement bookshelf speakers.

JohnMichael
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
OK, let me try:

LMAO but feeling a little guilty because his cat just died.

GMichael
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
GMichael,
Thanks for your thoughtful critique...if only all trolling instructors were as dedicated.
I readily admit to having blown the landing on that one. Note to self: wait a few minutes and repost.Got it.
In my own defense, I have spent the last seventeen and a half hours trying to get the damn dinosaur picture back on the wall. I'm using two inch drywall screws and my neighbors seem to lack a certain sense of civic duty. It's been impossible to find anyone to turn the ladder.
I'm concerned about the screws. Are two inch drywall screws too short. But, if I go with three and a half inch screws couldn't that compromise the structural integrity of the wall?
I see it now, refractory bass frequencies all over the place...Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Maybe I'll just go with a dinosaur fresco and avoid the whole screw thing.
Anyway, thanks again. I have committed myself to getting this troll thing right(everyone's gotta have a niche). I promise to be the first one to suggest $800 cables the next time a poster asks for replacement bookshelf speakers.

Fantastic! Keep up the great work. You are a very fast learner. I will have pictures of you on top of a spinning ladder all evening.
Nice touch with the "whole screw thing."

GMichael
02-09-2006, 02:36 PM
LMAO but feeling a little guilty because his cat just died.

Now that is sad. I am a cat lover myself and know the feeling.

Have you been visiting his site? Is that where you, noddinoff and bobsticks have been getting your info from?
I joined his site but never kept the address. Can you post it?

jmilford
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
markw and gmichael, you guys crack me up. i mean i am seriously laughing when i read the all hypocrisy. i think i may stay just to play along. its getting to be fun.

bobsticks
02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Now that is sad. I am a cat lover myself and know the feeling.

Have you been visiting his site? Is that where you, noddinoff and bobsticks have been getting your info from?
I joined his site but never kept the address. Can you post it?

No, I checked out some old threads. See, when I joined on I had about a thousand different questions. Instead of hitting you guys up with all of them at the same time( and expecting instantaneous responses) I did a little research. Novel idea,eh?

GMichael
02-10-2006, 05:50 AM
markw and gmichael, you guys crack me up. i mean i am seriously laughing when i read the all hypocrisy. i think i may stay just to play along. its getting to be fun.

I think I was just insulted. But hey, as long as it's in good fun. Stick around.

GMichael
02-10-2006, 05:59 AM
No, I checked out some old threads. See, when I joined on I had about a thousand different questions. Instead of hitting you guys up with all of them at the same time( and expecting instantaneous responses) I did a little research. Novel idea,eh?

Research? What's that?

Resident Loser
02-10-2006, 07:10 AM

...kindly elaborate on the underlined...

And while you're at it, why not respond to this:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?postid=128678#poststop...

I tried to make it easy for you, but it seems to be takin' a long time to link and load...so try post #44.

One could easily characterize your behavior in some manner...let's say less-than-intelligent, but at least we have facts (your actions) to support such a contention...re: the above request, put up or shut up. Or is it simply you don't know the difference between hypocrisy and sarcasm.

jimHJJ(...thank you...)

markw
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
markw and gmichael, you guys crack me up. i mean i am seriously laughing when i read the all hypocrisy. i think i may stay just to play along. its getting to be fun....please point why you feel we are hypocrites? Are you really sure you know the meaning? ...or is it the multi-layered flow of this thread that preplexes you?

I must say though, that should you choose to remain and become a valuable* member of this fourm, you've got guts after the drubbing you (asked for and) received.

There are a very few that are not, but they generally have the sense to quickly leave. ...or they are forced out. Ask Dmax.

noddin0ff
02-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I must say though, that should you choose to remain and become a valuable* member of this fourm, you've got guts after the drubbing you (asked for and) received.

There are a very few that are not, but they generally have the sense to quickly leave. ...or they are forced out. Ask Dmax.Heh, heh....Only the strong (and occasionally the very dense) will survive.

markw
02-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Heh, heh....Only the strong (and occasionally the very dense) will survive....sometimes it's fun to have a volunteer psychological scratching post on which I can exorcise my sardonic tendencies.

..said the spider to the fly...

Florian
02-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I know what will fix all the problems, its Magix Pixie Snot V 1.3 ...i can get you all good coupons!

:-)

02-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I know what will fix all the problems, its Magix Pixie Snot V 1.3 ...i can get you all good coupons!

:-)

They've already approved version 1.3 ?? Wow, they need to give advice to the committee on HDMI, its taking forever for them to complete version 1.3. Is it sticky and gooey?

GMichael
02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
They've already approved version 1.3 ?? Wow, they need to give advice to the committee on HDMI, its taking forever for them to complete version 1.3. Is it sticky and gooey?

Very! ;)

Florian
02-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Its the most sticky one yet!

winston
09-28-2008, 07:13 AM
hey guys dont go laugh at me for looking at them dead "thread" they crack me up everytime,

bobsticks
09-28-2008, 09:53 AM
...when we don't learn from history we're condemned to repeat it and all that...

Well, how did I do?

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=28179

GMichael
09-29-2008, 05:38 AM
A blast from the past. You gotta love these old klunkers.

L.J.
09-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Too funny!!! What a great read.

Rich-n-Texas
09-29-2008, 06:34 AM
...when we don't learn from history...
Some here obviously don't, so yeah...

...we're condemned to repeat it and all that...

GMichael
02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
A blast from the past. You gotta love these old klunkers.

It's even older now, but still a fun read.

Hyfi
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
It's even older now, but still a fun read.

The shame of it all is, except from a few of us old timers who keep posting here, he was right back in 2006 and it isn't much different here in 2012.

Over at Audio Karma, a 10 Hour span will bring close to 15 pages of new posts, while here a 10 Day span can't generate a full page of new posts.

So what is the main reason the other forums have thousands of people posting and we have 10?

bfalls
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Man! Give the guy a break! It's tough and a huge responsibility being perfect! Some of us just aren't up to the task.:biggrin5:

Sorry couldn't find a "tongue in cheek" emoticon.

bobsticks
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
The shame of it all is, except from a few of us old timers who keep posting here, he was right back in 2006 and it isn't much different here in 2012.

Over at Audio Karma, a 10 Hour span will bring close to 15 pages of new posts, while here a 10 Day span can't generate a full page of new posts.

So what is the main reason the other forums have thousands of people posting and we have 10?

I suspect there's a few things that go into that: horrendous lack of continuity on the site, certain topics being actively discouraged, minimal, incrementalist improvement in technology/equipment, an esoteric music forum from which very little new discussion is derived...and, of course, the fact that controversy creates clicks...

Remember this classic: http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/there-any-audiophiles-forum-25935.html ?

It should also be noted that the actual membership count here is probably deceiving. I suspect a major percentage of new members are merely bots.

GMichael
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
A good read. Too bad that one is closed. I can't bump it.

03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Is there a forum anyone can lead me to where I can insult the members, the forum itself, and the owner of the forum all in the same sentence?

Hyfi
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Is there a forum anyone can lead me to where I can insult the members, the forum itself, and the owner of the forum all in the same sentence?

I think you just found it.

03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I think you just found it.

Wooooopppppeeeeee, I better git busy!

Poultrygeist
03-07-2012, 03:43 AM
I do find forums like AC and AK where I'm more active to be open minded and not so mired in conventionalism. They also don't have moderators who jump your case over a difference of opinion regarding speaker wire.

Hyfi
03-07-2012, 04:20 AM
I do find forums like AC and AK where I'm more active to be open minded and not so mired in conventionalism. They also don't have moderators who jump your case over a difference of opinion regarding speaker wire.

Oh I beg to differ about AK.

I got involved with a thread as to why use good interconnects when internal wiring is crappy and that turned into a mudsling fest with the mods jumping in.

I then started a post in the General forum about those dampers for your cables asking if it was snake oil. By the time I left work and got home, the mods had t clean out 70 posts, mostly about the mods and proper posting, then they moved the thread and locked it.

Since then on several occasions, where I put my posts have been questioned by other paranoid users.

Aside from that, there are many pages of new updated threads every hour.

There are just as many naysaying merry DBTers there as used to be here in Mtrycraft's rein.

03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh I beg to differ about AK.

I got involved with a thread as to why use good interconnects when internal wiring is crappy and that turned into a mudsling fest with the mods jumping in.

I then started a post in the General forum about those dampers for your cables asking if it was snake oil. By the time I left work and got home, the mods had t clean out 70 posts, mostly about the mods and proper posting, then they moved the thread and locked it.

Since then on several occasions, where I put my posts have been questioned by other paranoid users.

Aside from that, there are many pages of new updated threads every hour.

There are just as many naysaying merry DBTers there as used to be here in Mtrycraft's rein.

I gotta agree with you Hify. I made a comment on why Dts is the prefered audio encoding on BR, and this guy kept telling me I was wrong, it was just because Dts was making deals all over Hollywood. When I posted a screenshot of how we setup the encoding to get the Dts core, and extensions onto the same stream, he insisted is was photo shopped. So I invited him to my studio to see it for himself. I don't know what was said on the posts after mine, but when I came back the next day, most everything was erased, and te thread was closed.

They have the same know it alls that most other sites have.

Daybear
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Most amusing thread! LOL