Cambridge d500se need different power cord? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge d500se need different power cord?

MatsudaMan
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I've had my cambridge for a while now and I haven't been thrilled about the clarity of the upper range. would a better power cord help? If so any suggestions that won't break the bank? Thanks.

bacchanal
02-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I don't know anything about the D500se, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to spend money on an aftermarket power cord for a <$500 cd player. Most aftermarket power cables that I have seen are ~$100+, which seems excessive for the player. You could try going the DIY route (http://www.venhaus1.com/diymains.html).

Garrardman
02-07-2006, 07:51 AM
NO :rolleyes:

A better interconnect between the amp and CD player may well help but it might be worth considering the rest of your system too.

If you haven't been thrilled with it since you bought it, then perhaps it either isn't ideal for your system, or is exposing a weak point somewhere else.

ruadmaa
02-07-2006, 09:11 AM
I've had my cambridge for a while now and I haven't been thrilled about the clarity of the upper range. would a better power cord help? If so any suggestions that won't break the bank? Thanks.

It is my firm opinion that Cambridge supplied you with a power cord that will perform perfectly to the fullest extent of your equipment's capabilities. In short, I seriously doubt that another cord will make any difference. You will, no doubt, find many out there that will argue otherwise so in the end, you have to decide.

Woochifer
02-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I thought we were the lamest forum ever, as per your other thread. If anything, questions like this one coupled with your "lamest forum" complaint don't speak too well for the quality of your contributions to the bottomline. If you think that a power cord's going to help the "clarity of the upper range" then you might be better off looking up forums on wizardry and witchcraft.

L.J.
02-07-2006, 09:42 AM
May I suggest you try some"pixie snot" Mr. Mats. It's sure to improve the sound of your system. It's the latest kraze with all the youngsters. Money back guarantee :D

GMichael
02-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Another satisfied customer here at Camp Eat-em-up-n-spit-em-out. So glad he could join us.
Don't forget to sign our guest card on your way out. Come back when you can stay longer. ;)

Resident Loser
02-07-2006, 09:54 AM
...him done been suspended...two posts, no waiting...

jimHJJ(...suspended by what is the magic question...)

Geoffcin
02-07-2006, 10:42 AM
...him done been suspended...two posts, no waiting...

jimHJJ(...suspended by what is the magic question...)

And that be me.

Dmax threatened to re-join under another name so he can flame members of these forums, and he lived up to his word.

Resident Loser
02-07-2006, 12:00 PM
that it was a who...
and now I do know
that you is the who...
But the gist of my question,
you know,
as it falls...
was the deed done by neck?
fingers? toes?
or his b@!!$...

And that be me.

Dmax threatened to re-join under another name so he can flame members of these forums, and he lived up to his word.

jimHJJ(...thanks for takin' out the trash...)

markw
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
And that be me.

Dmax threatened to re-join under another name so he can flame members of these forums, and he lived up to his word.Thanks for keeping this site a viable option for adult conversation, for adults of all ages.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-08-2006, 10:18 AM
that it was a who...
and now I do know
that you is the who...
But the gist of my question,
you know,
as it falls...
was the deed done by neck?
fingers? toes?
or his b@!!$...

jimHJJ(...thanks for takin' out the trash...)

Man Jim, put a beat to this and you have a new career LOLOLOL