Puppy Bowl II [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Bowl II

Kam
02-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Not sure if anyone caught this on animal planet, but it was pretty interesting. It was playing all day and so i turned it on before watching the game, actually to catch the Kitten Bowl that i heard was supposed to be on, which i missed (the kitties were the halftime entertainment to the Puppy Bowl itself). Now first off, why animal planet hasnt switched over to HD is beyond me, as this is the perfect channel (along with discovery) for HD broadcasts. They had several black dogs and i couldnt see any details in the sons of *****es. There was this one white poodle who was a real son of a *****. Really feisty and jumped all over and am generally not a fan of poodles and i didnt like this son of a ***** either. the brown puppy (i think some beagle type) was a real cute son of a *****. and he mainly gnawed on toys and just bounded about and acted.... well... like a puppy. actually the beagle mixes were the cutest ones in there i thought. First it was really cute for the first few minutes, then the music became incredibly annoying and hypnotic at the same time, and then it got a little strange as nothing was really happening and the structure of a football game amongst puppies didn't quite come to fruition, yet i couldnt stop watching. I wanted to change the channel because it was getting a little strange in an "i'd-prolly-be-having-a-seizure-if-was-epileptic" type of way. And then they had a "Bowl Cam" which was placed underneath the waterbowl and gave extreme close ups to the puppies as they took a drink. They had a few toys in there and not as many tug-o-wars broke out as i thought they might. Actually most of the sons of *****es kinda kept to themselves for a lot of it and in one section, the poodle started running around like barry sanders and everyone gave chase till one of the bigger black and white puppies clamped down on the son ofa ***** and stopped him in his tracks. They might have been on a 5second delay as well, because i didnt see any humping at all. i definitely think they needed better puppies or maybe some labs or poms in the puppy bowls, because quite a few of the sons of *****es they had in Puppy Bowl II were a little dissapointing.
:)

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure what that white powder was that you sprinkled on your cornflakes this morning, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't sugar. :eek:

Did you notice any dharma markings on any of the puppies?

kexodusc
02-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Geez, Kam, I watched the kitties and puppies on a Delta/Song 757 tv set on the back of a seat on my way back to Canada from from Orlando...looked good to me. The puppies were kind of boring, but they're puppies, not trained actors. The little husky one that drank a gallon of water was cute. The Beagle was an adorable little bastard too.

The psycho kittens were the most fun though...

Kam
02-06-2006, 10:50 AM
i finally caught some of the kittie footage online (on the discovery website) and that shoulda definitely been the main attraction!
i was a little harsh on the puppies, but i guess i was expecting more overall cuteness from them and it was sorely lacking (other than the beagles). the kittens on the other hand! holy crud i've already watched that video a couple times!

and no dharma markings on the puppies. i think there were only 14 of them too. so.... no luck there either. the hanso foundation hasnt infiltrated the Puppy Bowl... (yet).
:D

kexodusc
02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I had a Sheltie puppy and a kitten back home waiting for me as I was watching this...was gone for 2 weeks so I was getting all choked up inside...sniff, sob...

There was one dark gray-ish cat that was attacking the other ones...he was awesome. Reminds me of my kitten Nacho. First time cat owner here, but at what point does the cute, energetic kitten turn into my mother-in-law's big, lazy, sleeps-for-17-hours-a-day cat?

Kam
02-06-2006, 11:16 AM
i have 2 cats (13 and 15 years old), and one of them has always been an indoor cat, and the other one has been indoor for the last 6 years (not letting her out in nyc!). and it was pretty much just before then that she became a total sleepytime cat. she's always been a lapcat/lounger, but its definitely turned into a fulltime occupation. some cats though are definitely still frisky into their older years, just like some people i guess, all depends on their temperment and personality. one of mine is a lazy bum, and the other is diabetic, so he's actually in shape mainly because of diet than what little exercise they get in my apt.

Woochifer
02-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Actually, a lot of Animal Planet's programs are already shown in HD on the Discovery HD Theater channel. That channel covers all of Discovery Communications' programs (inc. TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Discovery Home Channel, Science Channel, etc.) originally produced in HD.

I saw bits and pieces of the Puppy Bowl last year. It was kind of bizarre because the program had no commentary or anything else other than a bunch of puppies on screen running around. It reminded me of a fishbowl webcam, except that it obviously had some editing done (did not see any puppies taking a dump in the middle of the ring).

Worf101
02-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Not sure if anyone caught this on animal planet, but it was pretty interesting. It was playing all day and so i turned it on before watching the game, actually to catch the Kitten Bowl that i heard was supposed to be on, which i missed (the kitties were the halftime entertainment to the Puppy Bowl itself). Now first off, why animal planet hasnt switched over to HD is beyond me, as this is the perfect channel (along with discovery) for HD broadcasts. They had several black dogs and i couldnt see any details in the sons of *****es. There was this one white poodle who was a real son of a *****. Really feisty and jumped all over and am generally not a fan of poodles and i didnt like this son of a ***** either. the brown puppy (i think some beagle type) was a real cute son of a *****. and he mainly gnawed on toys and just bounded about and acted.... well... like a puppy. actually the beagle mixes were the cutest ones in there i thought. First it was really cute for the first few minutes, then the music became incredibly annoying and hypnotic at the same time, and then it got a little strange as nothing was really happening and the structure of a football game amongst puppies didn't quite come to fruition, yet i couldnt stop watching. I wanted to change the channel because it was getting a little strange in an "i'd-prolly-be-having-a-seizure-if-was-epileptic" type of way. And then they had a "Bowl Cam" which was placed underneath the waterbowl and gave extreme close ups to the puppies as they took a drink. They had a few toys in there and not as many tug-o-wars broke out as i thought they might. Actually most of the sons of *****es kinda kept to themselves for a lot of it and in one section, the poodle started running around like barry sanders and everyone gave chase till one of the bigger black and white puppies clamped down on the son ofa ***** and stopped him in his tracks. They might have been on a 5second delay as well, because i didnt see any humping at all. i definitely think they needed better puppies or maybe some labs or poms in the puppy bowls, because quite a few of the sons of *****es they had in Puppy Bowl II were a little dissapointing.
:)

Brilliant man, funny as hell. Only Kam could do a spot on, post game analysis of "Puppy Bowl II" and have you thinking he's Mike Ditka doing postgame chalk talk. ROTFLMBBAO, that was some funny chit. You were kidding right? If not, there's years of therapy indicated here...

Da Worfster