Mission loudspeakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mission loudspeakers

calegrant
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I've made a thread before on the topic, but got no response. Figured I'd give it another go. I'm looking for a dealer in Victoria BC that deals in mission loudspeakers. Or even a Mission north america website, all I can find is the UK one.

topspeed
02-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I think you haven't received a response because no one knows who the heck the distributor is! The NA distributor used to be Denon, and they very well may still be in Canada. In the US, they have gone through at least 2 distributors and Lord knows who does it now. Mission is owned by Quad, so you may check who distributes them.

Hope this helps.

MikeyBC
02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I know you used to find Mission speakers at some Audiotronics locations here in ontario.

phillyguy
02-05-2006, 07:17 PM
calegrant,
I have owned Missions for years, so I know why you are looking for them! I just replaced my Mission 707's with Mission Volare V62's, V6c center and the m7ds dipole rears. I found them here:

http://www.tsto.com/cgi-bin/TSTO.storefront/43e6bd9800088b042740ac10034105ea/Catalog/1076

Not sure if they still have any left, but they show them on their website. The dealer was local to me, so it was a no brainer. The I love the new Volares; they are not quite as bright as my old 707's but still have that Mission sound. The dealer told me Mission is in the process of establishing a new distributorship in the US. He said he had bought out the Volare stock from Mission, as Mission is in the process of bringing out some new speaker lines. I have been looking forMissions the past couple of years in the US, but could not find them until now.