Theater comment [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Theater comment

s dog
02-04-2006, 05:41 PM
In one of the bigger theaters i go to they are built in a way where the top section of seats and the bottem section of seats are divided by a small walkway and a railing.If you set on the 1st row of the top section you can rest your feet on the railing, its like haveing a built in foot stool while your watching the show, bad thing is a lot of movie goes know this and everyone where i go trys to get in that front row, so if i want to make sure i get one of them seats i have to go a 1/2 hour early and that is a very long 1/2 hour waiting for the show to start. some might think this is a rude thing to do but i have never heard anyone complain about it and it sure makes setting there through a long movie a lot easier. Just wandered if anyone has this in the theater they go to.

eisforelectronic
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes and it's awesome! Thank you.

Geoffcin
02-05-2006, 04:40 AM
In one of the bigger theaters i go to they are built in a way where the top section of seats and the bottem section of seats are divided by a small walkway and a railing.If you set on the 1st row of the top section you can rest your feet on the railing, its like haveing a built in foot stool while your watching the show, bad thing is a lot of movie goes know this and everyone where i go trys to get in that front row, so if i want to make sure i get one of them seats i have to go a 1/2 hour early and that is a very long 1/2 hour waiting for the show to start. some might think this is a rude thing to do but i have never heard anyone complain about it and it sure makes setting there through a long movie a lot easier. Just wandered if anyone has this in the theater they go to.

Rude is not turning your cellphone off when you get in the theater. Rude is commenting on the film (or just plain blabbing) while the film is in progress. Rude is kicking the back of the chair in front of you. Rude is not bathing before you go to a public theater. Going to the theater 1/2 hr before show time to get good seats is NOT rude, it's SMART!

My favorite theater is also stadium seating, and those front rail seats fill up fast. The theater is also pretty large seating 490 (who remembers 1000+ seat theaters?) and there's also a great section for physically challenged people. While I'm only mentally challenged, I'm smart enough to know that if there's nobody seated in those seats it's perfectly fine for a un-challenged person to sit there. Those are some of the best seats in the house too!

s dog
02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Rude is not turning your cellphone off when you get in the theater. Rude is commenting on the film (or just plain blabbing) while the film is in progress. Rude is kicking the back of the chair in front of you. Rude is not bathing before you go to a public theater. Going to the theater 1/2 hr before show time to get good seats is NOT rude, it's SMART!

My favorite theater is also stadium seating, and those front rail seats fill up fast. The theater is also pretty large seating 490 (who remembers 1000+ seat theaters?) and there's also a great section for physically challenged people. While I'm only mentally challenged, I'm smart enough to know that if there's nobody seated in those seats it's perfectly fine for a un-challenged person to sit there. Those are some of the best seats in the house too! One other thing, this may not be rude but it drives me nuts, with the show just getting ready to start a group of 10 people will come in to the theater and just stand there looking up at the crowd trying to find 10 open seats in a row so they can all set together,even in a big theater it is hard to find 10 open seats in a row when the movie is getting ready to start, why dont they just get there a little bit early so they can find more open seats togehter instead of standing there for 10 min looking for seats

Worf101
02-08-2006, 06:09 AM
One other thing, this may not be rude but it drives me nuts, with the show just getting ready to start a group of 10 people will come in to the theater and just stand there looking up at the crowd trying to find 10 open seats in a row so they can all set together,even in a big theater it is hard to find 10 open seats in a row when the movie is getting ready to start, why dont they just get there a little bit early so they can find more open seats togehter instead of standing there for 10 min looking for seats

No only do they come late... then they expect people who got there on time to move so as to accomodate them. It's one thing when they "ask nice" but when they glare and demand, pheh screw em. Normally I do what I can for people, but I'm a large, broadshouldered man. I'm not always comfortable with people on my left and my right. There've been times I've refused to move so John Q. Nutcrack can sit with his obnoxious family. Because of my intimidating size, I've never had to have it come to blows ( I am a peaceful Klingon... most days).

Da Worfster :D

L.J.
02-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Ah, the joys of the theater. When I went to see Kong, as was kinda on the end of an row, maybe the 5th seat in. Well a family with three children decided to sit in that row, more toward the middle of the row. Why is it that people, not only get to the movie right when its about to start, but decide they had better get settled in before jumping right back up to go potty and grab popcorn. These people must have crossed in front of me 15 times at the start of the movie, then another 15 during the course of the film. I have an idea, hows about people getting to the theater before the movie starts, grabbing all their snacks before sitting down, turning off their cell phones and telling their kids to stop kicking the seats and to shut up. Man, no wonder I'm getting tipsy at the theater. Forget the popcorn, I'm mixing another drink. OK, I got it all out.