Finally Found the Best Surround Sound Headphones Cordless Too! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Finally Found the Best Surround Sound Headphones Cordless Too!

EdwardGein
02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I've spend this past week buying and returning very good headphones that I got online & finally settled on Pioneer SE-Dir800C Cordless Headphones which for me were head & shoulders above anything else. I had many reservations about cordless headphones but these were awesome with perfect sound & no glitches whatsoever. The phones are superlight & very comfortable & the surround sound for DVD's & TV were awesome, I really felt like I was in a movie theater instead of hearing this through headphones & I had to double check a few times to make sure my speakers were in fact off because it realy sounds like live 5.1 speaker sound with excellent but no overbearing bass. CD's sounded excellent too, These headphones cost me $300 new including shipping from Vanns online which has a very good return policy. I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else, I connect the base via my receivers digital out & the batteries recharge to play 10 hours at a time.

The headphones I got & returned with cords were from Ultrasone. They also feature surround sound but to me weren't as good as the Pioneer 800C but were still excellent. The Proline 650 to me had the best sound & comfort, followed by he HFI 700 which wasn't very comfortable followed by the HFI 2200 ULE.

The One
02-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Yes, I agree with your opinion. The one you owned is pretty awesome !!

I think Pioneer SE-DIR2000C (http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductInfo.php?pid=PIOSEDIR2000C-BLK) Dolby Digital Surround Headphones is another choice,

Supports Dolby DTS, Dolby Pro-logic II, Dolby digital EX, DTS-ES. Corresponds to AAC format for colorful sound field.

I am considering this big toy for my birthday

EdwardGein
02-07-2006, 07:47 AM
You might want to research the other one online as for some reason the 800C got better overall reviews- I can't unfortunately remember why.

The One
02-08-2006, 04:21 AM
I know DIR2000C comes with Pro-logic II, but not sure if DIR800C comes with such feature...still researching about this...any clue?

EdwardGein
02-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah it comes with ProLogic II Here is a link that compares the 800 & the 1000 that influenced my purchasing of it www6.head-fi.org/forums/printthread.php?t=59025
UH ohh, my bad, you are talking about the 2000. Looks like I was talking about the wrong set, sorry. If you get the 2000, let us know how it sounds. I just can't imagine it improving on the 800.
I