Which HDMI? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which HDMI?

carracr625
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I just plunged out the $2k+ for the Samsung DLP I have been wanting for a while now. I have a Pioneer dvd/sacd player with the HDMI out. I am in the market for a good quality HDMI cable for this run. My question is in reference to the quality of HDMI cables available. Does the quality of the HDMI cable make a big difference since the signal it carries is digital?

Now I know this can be a very subjective question, but I have to ask due to having never noting any improvement after upgrading interconnects that carry a digital signal. Thanks in advance for any input.

LMB
02-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Congrats on your new DLP
You might look into Audioquest
I have there I-link cable (firewire)

Have fun

sinergy
02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Im in the same boat as you. I recently just purchased a Samsung 50" and currently owned a Motorola 6412 DVR. They both have HDMI connections. From what Ive read most all the HDMI cables are the same its the sheathing that makes them different. I guess the sheathing helps against EMI and noise interference. Which makes sence if you know computer network cable. I really dont want to pay $$$ for Monster cable Id rather put it toward a new AVR or DVD player I would suggest the Phillips brand. They have it Walmart for around 40 probly find it cheaper online.

paul_pci
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Im in the same boat as you. I recently just purchased a Samsung 50" and currently owned a Motorola 6412 DVR. They both have HDMI connections. From what Ive read most all the HDMI cables are the same its the sheathing that makes them different. I guess the sheathing helps against EMI and noise interference. Which makes sence if you know computer network cable. I really dont want to pay $$$ for Monster cable Id rather put it toward a new AVR or DVD player I would suggest the Phillips brand. They have it Walmart for around 40 probly find it cheaper online.

Digital signals are not subject to emi interference. Blue Jean cables have reasonably priced hdmi cables.