HFT Silver/Gold Fuses [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HFT Silver/Gold Fuses

JohnMichael
02-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Well it seems we now have something new to debate. I received an e-mail from The Cable Company and they are selling Silver/Gold fuses to replace the standard fuses in our equipment. The claim is that the fuses are a weak link and these new fuses will further improve the sound of our systems. The fuses are $24.95 or $29.95 depending on size. Just curious if anyone has tried this tweak.

Resident Loser
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Well it seems we now have something new to debate. I received an e-mail from The Cable Company and they are selling Silver/Gold fuses to replace the standard fuses in our equipment. The claim is that the fuses are a weak link and these new fuses will further improve the sound of our systems. The fuses are $24.95 or $29.95 depending on size. Just curious if anyone has tried this tweak.

...glass cartridge fuse made by Bussman have nickel-plated brass endcaps...some sizes(dimension-wise, not rating-wise) are currently available with gold-plating in lieu of the nickel as an option...I'm not sure what the material for the fusible link or element is made of...lead perhaps may be one. Although as per pending RoHS guidelines of the EU, certain substances including lead will not be allowed in items included in non-industrial, i.e. consumer products...But, then again any gauge wire smaller than the gauge of the wire being protected can be a fuse as long as the appropriate time/current characteristic for it's given rating is observed...

Any indication as to what part(s) are made of precious metals?

jimHJJ(...what's next Swarovski to replace the glass tube?...)

Resident Loser
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
...took a look at their website...ceramic tube eh? to eliminate resonances...well, there are reasons some fuses have ceramic bodies...some are renewable...their fuse material can be replaced via screw-off endcaps...however...as per Wikipedia:

"Smaller fuses often have a glass body with nothing but air inside so that the fuse wire can be inspected. Unfortunately under extremely high current or voltage, such fuses can arc over and therefore continue to supply a current. So fuses used in such situations (for example building wiring installations) have a stronger ceramic body which better prevents arc over, and are filled with sand to quench any arcs..."

"Fuses with ceramic cases have higher voltage ratings. Fuses carrying a 250 V rating can be safely used in a 125 V circuit, but the reverse is not true as the fuse may not be capable of safely interrupting the arc in a circuit of a higher voltage."

Once again, like IEC connectors, eutectic solders and the phrase "burn-in", the audio-magi seem to have taken common, everyday items and imbued them with myth beyond their purpose.

jimHJJ(...I know this probably wasn't the response you wanted, but hey it's Friday...)

robo02
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
There is a feedback page on these fuses located here:
http://www.ultrasystem.com/usfeaturedprodstestimonial.html

Resident Loser
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
There is a feedback page on these fuses located here:
http://www.ultrasystem.com/usfeaturedprodstestimonial.html

...nothing like unsolicited, anonymous, anecdotal accolades from the manufacturers website to substantiate the performnace of their product...

jimHJJ(...it's always the first thing I look for...yeah, right!...)

HiFi-Tuning
07-13-2006, 12:55 AM
...nothing like unsolicited, anonymous, anecdotal accolades from the manufacturers website to substantiate the performnace of their product...

jimHJJ(...it's always the first thing I look for...yeah, right!...)

Hi all,

I'm Bernd Ahne from HiFi-Tuning Germany, and I know that many many peoples are very happy with my fuses.

What's the problem? 14 days money back guarantee!
I think the problem from the looser is the money that he don't have for the fuses, or not?:D

So not thinking, just listen and you'll see guys!

BTW: Cello use already our fuses in his complete equipment.

Regards,

Berny:16:
(www.HiFi-Tuning.com)

Resident Loser
07-13-2006, 05:14 AM
Hi all,

I'm Bernd Ahne from HiFi-Tuning Germany, and I know that many many peoples are very happy with my fuses.

What's the problem? 14 days money back guarantee!
I think the problem from the looser is the money that he don't have for the fuses, or not?:D

So not thinking, just listen and you'll see guys!

BTW: Cello use already our fuses in his complete equipment.

Regards,

Berny:16:
(www.HiFi-Tuning.com)

...I am much less of a sheep than many of the rank-and-file tweak-o-philes who buy into this sort of claptrap...I can purchase around 100 or so Buss Littelfuses for the price of ONE of your objets d'art...or a coupla' CDs...for two of 'em an SPL meter which will provide significant information of the only tweak that counts: improving the listening environment.

Explain to me, no make it us how an extremely thin bit of user accessible, encapsulated metal, far removed from the signal path, can have one iota of an effect on said signal...Do the electrons simply fall into place more readily at the mere idea of passing through a precious metal as opposed to material common to the ordinary, everyday fusible link?

I'm sure you must have some valid test results to substantiate your anecdotal claims...pseudo-science doesn't count...What resonates in a glass-bodied fuse as compared to a ceramic one? At what frequency does this resonance occur? Exactly how are they hand tested? What sort of non-destructive flaw detection is used? Magnetic flux imaging? Pulse thermography? Are they X-rayed? MRI-ed? Ultrasonics? Kirlian photography? A simple continuity test with a VOM? Battery and a lightbulb? Are they UL listed and approved?

jimHJJ(...the price is meaningless...the gullibility is priceless...)

Geoffcin
07-13-2006, 06:17 AM
My old PS Audio 200c Signature came with them. A pair of gold plated rail fuses to be exact. I believe the argument was that the contacts were less likely to corrode and need to be cleaned. This makes good sense to me.

HiFi-Tuning
07-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Sorry Loser,

but my english is not so good to answer the many questions....
Please write a Mail to Robert Stein, he is my Distributor for USA/Canada:
UltraSystems, Inc.
Visit us at http://www.ultrasystem.com
Contact information:
Telephone: 215-862-6570, or toll-free 800-724-3305
FAX: 215-862-4871. Email: ultra@ultrasystem.com
Shipping address: Ultra Systems, Inc.,127 Union Square, New Hope, PA 18938 USA
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 10am - 6pm Eastern time. Sat. 11am -5pm

And take a look at: http://www.vde.com/vde_en/

GreetZ

Berny

Resident Loser
07-13-2006, 06:48 AM
My old PS Audio 200c Signature came with them. A pair of gold plated rail fuses to be exact. I believe the argument was that the contacts were less likely to corrode and need to be cleaned. This makes good sense to me.

...I would tend to agree...that's a reasonable argument...despite the fact that there are umpteen gazillion (give or take a google or two) electronic devices that chug along quite contentedly with the nickel-plated, brass-endcap variety of fuse. In fact, I pointed out their existence in my first post to this thread... Unfortunately, that's not really what is at issue.

Since being the recipient of an ad hominem inference, I think turn-about is fair play. Is there any supportive evidence for the claims made for the product at the linked website?

Surely he can put his money (are they all that condescending?) where his mouth is...

jimHJJ(...sorta' reminds me of a certain mod's pecuniary attitude...)

HiFi-Tuning
07-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Unfortunately you are a Theorethiker and no listener. It is proved the tension refuse slighter our fuses up to 90% and loss achievements as the standards purport possess. Why do so many listeners get themselves expensive power cables? All loosers?
Again once, it would listen to you and you are more slyly, but you apparently have fear of the truth?

Sorry again for my rusty english....

Berny

Resident Loser
07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Sorry Loser, but my english is not so good to answer the many questions....
Please write a Mail to Robert Stein, he is my Distributor for USA/Canada:

Berny

...let's make it easier for you:

Was schwingt in einer Glas-bodied Sicherung verglichen mit einem keramischen mit? Bei welcher Frequenz tritt diese Resonanz auf? Genau wie sind sie die geprüfte Hand? Welche Art der zerstörungsfreien Fehlerabfragung wird verwendet? Magnetische Flußbelichtung? Impulsthermographie? Werden sie geröntgt? MRI-ED? Ultraschallehre? Kirlian Fotographie? Ein einfacher Durchgang Test mit einem VOM? Batterie und ein lightbulb? Sind sie verzeichnetes und genehmigtes UL?

To those who might wonder: just the questions asked previously in English...

Ihr Verteiler kann Fragen beantworten, die Sie, der Hersteller, nicht können?

Translation: Your distributor can answer questions that you, the manufacturer, can't?

jimHJJ(...that's the second thing I look for...)

HiFi-Tuning
07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
"Fuses with ceramic cases have higher voltage ratings."<---You are wrong!
Fuses carrying a 250 V rating can be safely used in a 125 V circuit, but the reverse is not true as the fuse may not be capable of safely interrupting the arc in a circuit of a higher voltage."<---You are wrong! Fact is you can use our fuses till 250 Volt (small) or 500 Volt (large)
"Was schwingt in einer Glas-bodied Sicherung verglichen mit einem keramischen mit?"<---Die Vorteile belaufen sich nicht nur auf Schwingungen oder Resonanzen sondern dient auch der besseren Kuehlung in Verbindung mit einer Sandfuellung
"Genau wie sind sie die geprüfte Hand?"<---Unsere Sicherungen werden in Handarbeit hergestellt, nicht von mir Persoenlich.
"Welche Art der zerstörungsfreien Fehlerabfragung wird verwendet? Magnetische Flußbelichtung? Impulsthermographie? Werden sie geröntgt? MRI-ED? Ultraschallehre? Kirlian Fotographie? Ein einfacher Durchgang Test mit einem VOM? Batterie und ein lightbulb?"<---Selbstverstaendlich werden wir hier nicht auf alle Einzelheiten eingehen, (Feind liest mit ;-) )
"Sind sie verzeichnetes und genehmigtes UL?"<---Unsere Sicherungen werden nach gültigen Normen gefertigt die in Europa + Deutschland Standard sind, Selbstverstaendlich brauchen wir die UL Tests nicht zu Scheuen, jedoch sind sie mit enormen Kosten verbunden die wir nicht auf unsere Sicherungen aufschlagen wollen. Zum Wohle der Kunden!
Ich will Sie nicht Ueberreden unsere Sicherungen zu Testen, denn wenn Sie wuessten was Ihnen entgeht, wuerden Sie sich laengst Entschuldigt haben!

Sie sind ein unbelehrbarer Kritiker den wir nicht "behandeln" koennen....

Für wirkliche Interessenten geben wir gerne per Mail weitere Antworten: order@hifi-tuning.com

Berny Ahne

HiFi-Tuning
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
This fuses are not from HiFi-Tuning, the quality is like standard fuse (Bussmann, Wickmann or Siba) and then gold plated, but under gold just standard!:sad:

Berny

Geoffcin
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
This fuses are not from HiFi-Tuning, the quality is like standard fuse (Bussmann, Wickmann or Siba) and then gold plated, but under gold just standard!:sad:

Berny

Please keep all further posts in English.

Resident Loser
07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Please keep all further posts in English.

...nothing...according to him my quotes from Wikipedia are wrong...Well, that's what you get for believing things you read on the interweb, I'd say...

Yada-yada-yada about sand and resonances...won't discuss "proprietary" info due to potential industrial espionage(for fuses???)...his products (not made by him BTW as so he states) meets European and German standards and it would be prohibitively expensive to go for UL approval...

Cloak and dagger...smoke and mirrors...pure unadulterated...

jimHJJ(...twaddle...)

Geoffcin
07-13-2006, 12:02 PM
...nothing...according to him my quotes from Wikipedia are wrong...Well, that's what you get for believing things you read on the interweb, I'd say...

Yada-yada-yada about sand and resonances...won't discuss "proprietary" info due to potential industrial espionage(for fuses???)...his products (not made by him BTW as so he states) meets European and German standards and it would be prohibitively expensive to go for UL approval...

jimHJJ(...twaddle...)

If you used non-UL approved fuses in your audio gear. I certainly woudn't

FLZapped
07-14-2006, 06:27 AM

jimHJJ(...twaddle...)

Maybe these are better links:

http://www.lnl.com/howto/fuse.htm

http://www.littelfuse.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/en/know_content.html?ContentID=1&LFSESSION=kRemM2RGIS

-Bruce

Resident Loser
07-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Maybe these are better links:

http://www.lnl.com/howto/fuse.htm

http://www.littelfuse.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/en/know_content.html?ContentID=1&LFSESSION=kRemM2RGIS

-Bruce

...always confuse the issue with facts?

jimHJJ(...I thought that was my job...)

kexodusc
07-14-2006, 07:41 AM
ROFLMAO!!!
RL's into the jagermeister again!

Seriously though - what is with certain people and the use of insulting one's ability to afford certain pieces of equipment as a straw man argument to evade the issues? Is this a cultural thing?

Resident Loser
07-14-2006, 08:14 AM
ROFLMAO!!!
RL's into the jagermeister again!

Seriously though - what is with certain people and the use of insulting one's ability to afford certain pieces of equipment as a straw man argument to evade the issues? Is this a cultural thing?

...I don't know how anyone can drink that stuff on a regular basis...it's only 70proof but those herbs, etc. are just too much...and this from someone who used to drink straight JD black label (until they dumbed it down to 86proof) and then switched to Wild Turkey 101...

It was supposed to be a digestive aid after meals, had at room temp, much like anisette and the like...then sombody got the idea to make it attractive to the a, er...youth market.

You can not afford zuch product, you icht inferior, you haff no ears...

jimHJJ(...cultural?...judging by some of the examples, maybe...)

FLZapped
07-15-2006, 02:52 AM
...always confuse the issue with facts?

jimHJJ(...I thought that was my job...)

Yeah bad habit I got into in school.

So much for our educational system, huh.

-Bruce
(and let's not forget a hardy HAR HAR...)

hermanv
07-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Posting in german is not permitted. Please keep all further posts in English. Wow, get over yourself. Look at a globe, lots of countries. The internet is an international device not your private USA only dogpatch.

Besides, on line translators are easy to find, it turns our Bernie doesn't call RL any names all the rest of us haven't.

If RL could reproduce music with a rope and pulley he would, since there have been exactly zero improvemnts to the art in the last 75 years.

Ignorance is indeed the highest form of bliss.

Geoffcin
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Wow, get over yourself. Look at a globe, lots of countries. The internet is an international device not your private USA only dogpatch.

Besides, on line translators are easy to find, it turns our Bernie doesn't call RL any names all the rest of us haven't.

If RL could reproduce music with a rope and pulley he would, since there have been exactly zero improvemnts to the art in the last 75 years.

Or any other language but English is not permitted.

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 05:16 AM

...you wanna' start with me?

If you have any more clever remarks, I'd suggest you present them in the Steel Cage...I don't do PMs...

jimHJJ(..as per P.T. Barnum: "...this way to the egress..."...)

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 07:52 AM
...I try to support your position and you give me a swift kick in the nuts?

What part of transcription disks and audio tape recorders was inflammatory? Was it the vacuum tubes that clinched it? Not PC enough? Truth too inconvenient?

Geoff, you got some set...

jimHJJ(...nice even playing field ya' got here pal...)

Geoffcin
07-21-2006, 08:21 AM
...I try to support your position and you give me a swift kick in the nuts?

What part of transcription disks and audio tape recorders was inflammatory? Was it the vacuum tubes that clinched it? Not PC enough? Truth too inconvenient?

Geoff, you got some set...

jimHJJ(...nice even playing field ya' got here pal...)

I really don't want any help with that.

If You and Herman want to go-at-it then take it to the Steel Cage.

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 08:39 AM
I really don't want any help with that. .

Duly noted...

And again I ask: What part of transcription disks and audio tape recorders was inflammatory? Was it the vacuum tubes that clinched it?

His inference stands, while my response is edited?

jimHJJ(...thanks...moderating at it's best I see...)

Geoffcin
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Duly noted...

And again I ask: What part of transcription disks and audio tape recorders was inflammatory? Was it the vacuum tubes that clinched it?

His inference stands, while my response is edited?

jimHJJ(...thanks...moderating at it's best I see...)

I'm tryin not to be an unfair guy but I have my limits.

So; I don't mind if you take someone to task for something they claims without support, and I don't take offence if you call someone out for a personal slander as long as you do it without swearing. But there's a point when you put the two together when it becomes too much. Re: Hermanv

Honestly I was really hoping that this thread would have died by now, but there's no way I'm going to let it continue as a bash-fest between you and Herman.

Resident Loser
07-21-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm tryin not to be an unfair guy but I have my limits.

So; I don't mind if you take someone to task for something they claims without support, and I don't take offence if you call someone out for a personal slander as long as you do it without swearing. But there's a point when you put the two together when it becomes too much. Re: Hermanv

Honestly I was really hoping that this thread would have died by now, but there's no way I'm going to let it continue as a bash-fest between you and Herman.

...I'm not tryin' to be difficult, so please bear with me...what did I say, did I swear in my spare time? I always self censor with @s and $s and the odd asterisk...

And re: the part you left intact...I was the one who suggested the Steel-Cage Invitational to obviate such continued tom-foolery within this thread...What gives?

jimHJJ(...dazed and confused...)

hermanv
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
A disagreement doesn't mean "go at it". I don't call people names. I believe many have no idea whereof they speak. That is not a sin.

Look it up, ignorance means un-informed it says nothing about you or your mother other than that and no one is "going at anything".

Since I personaly have embraced the "witchcraft" of cables, and isolators and special stands etc, the sound from my system has improved. I don't sell anything, I am not affliated with any company that sells anything I only post my personal experience in the hopes that others might add additional enjoyment to their systems.

There are those on this forum who respond with knee jerk condemnation to anything new or different, RL is most certainly in that camp. He is so positive the new fuses of this thread can't work that he need not even bother to listen. I think it's kind of sad. Maybe they don't, or god forbid maybe they do, thereby challenging the entire belief structure.

Me, I don't care how RL enjoys his music, I only care that he advises poeple not to even bother listening becasue "there is no proof", obviously your own senses couldn't matter, seems like terrible advice to me.

A forum is a place to discuss things, people will disagree. If there were complete agreement there wouldn't be a forum.

Herman.

JoeE SP9
07-22-2006, 06:08 AM
I wonder why some people are so concerned about how someone else spends their money.:cool:

bfalls
07-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Getting back on the subject. How exactly do these work? Don't fuses work by having elements with a precise resistance which melt at a specific current? If the gold is used as end caps to prevent corrosion, I understand that (how do you justify the cost when many gold-plated connectors with more surface area, more gold, costs much less). But, if you're saying the gold is used as the element, I don't understand it. Gold would be a better conductor (less resistance), so the element would have to be much thinner, providing more resistance, to build up enough heat to open it at the same current. Having a more perfect conductor would be contrary to fuse design.
Also, where are these being used? How does placing a gold fuse in a power supply, pre-amp, etc... help? The signal is still subject to the weakest link in the chain. How does a gold fuse in even the output circuit provide superior sound when it passes any benefits made through non-gold output relay (there's an idea for another tweak, gold output relays), non-gold speaker wires, non-gold internal speaker cabling? Do they make a power supply more regulated, less noisy, have less losses? Have audiophiles with reference systems been wrong all these years? Do the fuses unveil another layer of detail, provide more "air", "clean up the grunge? I'm sure with these benefits, there's a patent to provide protection for the design, thus no reason to be secretive. Many companies explain their revolutionary designs so the consumer can make an informed decision. Saying "Unfortunately you are a Theorethiker and no listener." doesn't wash. It's used by every salesman dishing up "snake oil". I say "show your work if you want any credit" and "either put up, or shut up".

hermanv
07-22-2006, 08:51 AM
It is certainly true that many of these mechanisms about metals effecting sound are not understood, or at least not by me. And as far as the resistance of a fuse, not all resistors seem to sound the same. Even thought the resistance in Ohms is identical, metal film, carbon film, tantalum, copper wirewound, nichrome wire wound etc. do not sound identical.

The best gear often uses Vishay bulk foil resistors. These are made with an aluminum foil (not metallized) on a glass substrate. Besides sounding good they have amazing temperature stability, very low drift over time, very low noise and several other high performance features. Whether any of this is related to why they sound good is anybodys guess. They are insanely expensive at near one thousand times the price of a high volume consumer resistor. Very popular for satellites and other military applications.

In my system I use silver lugs with rhodium plating, expensive ultra pure metal speaker cables. The interconnects I like are pure silver with expensive RCA jacks. Given that the metal junctions at each joint seem to be important (at least to me) to the sound it is not unreasonable to wonder if that cheap solder plated tin fuse cap and cheap fuse holder shouldn't be in the signal path.

I'm not saying these fuses are better, I'm saying it could easily be true that they are. None of this is inconsistent with the exotic cables and connectors that many audiophiles find add a great deal to the sonic end result of their systems.

My old amp had a series speaker fuse, my new one does not, so I can't try them.

JoeE SP9
07-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I have used Vishay resistors in all the gear I've modified. I didn't use them at first but over time I have replaced all the resistors with the Vishay's. They produce less thermal noise are extremely stable and give a given amplifier a lower noise floor. I'm tempted to try these fuses in the series speaker fuse holders in my gear.:idea:

MOON
07-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I use the Isoclean after market fuses, they do improve the sound a great deal, they seem to make the most difference in the amp, were tallking HUGE difference.

In a cdp and pre the difference isn't quite to the extent of the results when one is placed in the amp, however the benefits are quite worth it.

I haven't used the Hi - Fi tuning fuses yet , but did compare the Bussmans to the Isocleans, no contest, the Isocleans blew the Bussmans away!

Resident Loser
07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
I use the Isoclean after market fuses, they do improve the sound a great deal, they seem to make the most difference in the amp, were tallking HUGE difference.

In a cdp and pre the difference isn't quite to the extent of the results when one is placed in the amp, however the benefits are quite worth it.

I haven't used the Hi - Fi tuning fuses yet , but did compare the Bussmans to the Isocleans, no contest, the Isocleans blew the Bussmans away!

...eutectic solders are better than 60/40 and IEC connectors are used simply to give folks a choice in their power cords...and...and...this huge diff...was it FR?...IM distortion?...S/N ratio?...

jimHJJ(...anecdotal subjectivism?...)

Resident Loser
07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I wonder why some people are so concerned about how someone else spends their money.:cool:

...just that every once in a while, it gets pretty deep around here...I just try to level things out...

jimHJJ(...after that you're on your own...)

JoeE SP9
07-24-2006, 12:10 PM
...just that every once in a while, it gets pretty deep around here...I just try to level things out...

jimHJJ(...after that you're on your own...)
Thank you for your support? By the way, I agree about the solder. Also, that should be "I couldn't care less. Saying "I could care less" implies that you do care":ihih:

Resident Loser
07-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Thank you for your support? By the way, I agree about the solder. Also, that should be "I couldn't care less. Saying "I could care less" implies that you do care":ihih:

...pardon my careless descent into the vulgate...without the sarcastic tone, it doesn't translate well into print...although I do take exception to the common argument surrounding the phrase...

To me "I couldn't care less" is finite...whereas "I could care less" delves into the endless abyss of negative numbers...The result: Given the proper motivation I could care less than zero, say -10 or as is meant when spoken with the proper inflection...not with that slight hope that there is care there, but that it's physically impossible for me to care any less about the subject and will now commence to undermine things that support it...

I'm certain my English teachers would disagree with my POV but...

jimHJJ(...I could care less...)

JoeE SP9
07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
...pardon my careless descent into the vulgate...without the sarcastic tone, it doesn't translate well into print...although I do take exception to the common argument surrounding the phrase...

To me "I couldn't care less" is finite...whereas "I could care less" delves into the endless abyss of negative numbers...The result: Given the proper motivation I could care less than zero, say -10 or as is meant when spoken with the proper inflection...not with that slight hope that there is care there, but that it's physically impossible for me to care any less about the subject and will now commence to undermine things that support it...

I'm certain my English teachers would disagree with my POV but...

jimHJJ(...I could care less...)

Do you always obfuscate? My original response was because I had an English teacher who was quite a stickler for proper language usage. I guess it rubbed off. I could care less implies you do care but could be persuaded to care less than you do. I couldn't care less says I don't care at all! By the way you have contradicted yourself.:ihih:

Resident Loser
07-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Do you always obfuscate? My original response was because I had an English teacher who was quite a stickler for proper language usage. I guess it rubbed off. I could care less implies you do care but could be persuaded to care less than you do. I couldn't care less says I don't care at all! By the way you have contradicted yourself.:ihih:

...obfuscate? Actually I rarely always do anything...in fact, most of the time I never do nothing...but...

I ruminate, perhaps delineate, in order to obviate...any rancorous debate. My manner, most sedate...a simple trait...can you relate?

It's when a spate...of the profligate... try to intimate, that I simply berate...I will demonstrate, that they are quite incohate...as all words can mean more than just one thing...

Contradiction? I simply presented two possible interpretations of the phrase, however...sometimes I might instigate and delve into applications most abstract...

jimHJJ(...and that's a fact, Jack...)

GMichael
07-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Am I on the right site? Nevermind. I don't care if I care.

Resident Loser
07-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Am I on the right site? Nevermind. I don't care if I care.

...Creative Idiocy...The Argument Clinic is in the next room...

jimHJJ(...No it's not...)

GMichael
07-26-2006, 06:09 AM
This is not a fight.
Yes it is.
Not it's not.

JohnMichael
07-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Imagine how happy I am that I asked about the fuses in the first place.

GMichael
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM

OK, I am imagining you happy. :15:

Hey, stop that.:yikes:

Resident Loser
07-26-2006, 08:33 AM

...you didn't say anything about the Velvet Underground...I can't even imagine how that would turn out...

jimHJJ(...conceptual continuity lives on!...)

JohnMichael
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
...you didn't say anything about the Velvet Underground...I can't even imagine how that would turn out...

jimHJJ(...conceptual continuity lives on!...)

Imagine no longer; as a teenager in small town Ohio in the early 70's the Velvet Underground's music along with all I read about them gave me hope. I was outed early in school and became the scapegoat for all the aggression and prejudice. So while I was encircled and punched at every class change by bullies and jocks I had the dreams of New York and a community where I could be accepted. Their music was very important to me.

GMichael
07-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Imagine no longer; as a teenager in small town Ohio in the early 70's the Velvet Underground's music along with all I read about them gave me hope. I was outed early in school and became the scapegoat for all the aggression and prejudice. So while I was encircled and punched at every class change by bullies and jocks I had the dreams of New York and a community where I could be accepted. Their music was very important to me.

Who punched you? I want a list of names. Road trip! No one picks on John and gets away with it.

The 70's were a tough time to be different. Seems like it was the bully generation.

JoeE SP9
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
...obfuscate? Actually I rarely always do anything...in fact, most of the time I never do nothing...but...

I ruminate, perhaps delineate, in order to obviate...any rancorous debate. My manner, most sedate...a simple trait...can you relate?

It's when a spate...of the profligate... try to intimate, that I simply berate...I will demonstrate, that they are quite incohate...as all words can mean more than just one thing...

Contradiction? I simply presented two possible interpretations of the phrase, however...sometimes I might instigate and delve into applications most abstract...

jimHJJ(...and that's a fact, Jack...)

I think you missed your true calling. Are you related to Jack Kerouac or maybe James Joyce?:ihih:

JohnMichael
07-26-2006, 02:45 PM
I think you missed your true calling. Are you related to Jack Kerouac or maybe James Joyce?:ihih:

I do not think he is related to James Joyce due to his use of puncuation. Of course some have said he is a difficult read much like Joyce's "Ulysses".:ihih:

JoeE SP9
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I do not think he is related to James Joyce due to his use of puncuation. Of course some have said he is a difficult read much like Joyce's "Ulysses".:ihih:

I was thinking about that difficult thing.:ihih:

bfalls
07-28-2006, 06:57 AM

Hi - Fi tuning fuses? Doesn't this imply fuses change the original source. The best you should hope for is transparency, getting the signal through the component from input to output unaltered. How do tuning fuses work? Do you purchase a set with incremental values, different materials, different types (yet another tweak)? Do silver 1.5A fuses compensate for muddy lows? How about a nice 2A slo-blo to time align a stubborn tweeter? Maybe combinations, different types and values to construct a time-aligned, phase-compensated fuse arrays. I can see the calculations now. BTW, do gold fuses have the values stamped on the ends? How does the stressed metal at the connection points affect the sound? Would a long-grain OFC base for the gold-plating sound better? I can believe fuses may make a change in the sound, but whether the change is better is a matter of opinion. That's what makes audio so great. Many different system combinations, all sounding great---to us.