Note to Troy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Note to Troy

MasterCylinder
02-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Did you not recently change your e-mail address ?
I don't have it and a message I sent you this morning was returned undeliverable.

Shoot me the new one when you get a chance -- thanks.

BTW, the message was this:

Look for Cat Vomit in your mailbox.

Troy
02-03-2006, 07:50 AM
My e-mail hasn't changed:

paiva at designshed.com

Loking forward to the puke.

MasterCylinder
02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
That is the exact address I used..........I have no idea why it got kicked back.

Regardless, I have the studio tonight to put the final edits and mix-down together.
This song is creating a new fusion category that could be labeled "metal comedy" with just a touch of blues thrown in.
Even though it is entirely based on a true story, it contains enough twisted thought that it should be right up your alley.
I'm assuming your postal address is also the same old one too.

Troy
02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Yep, same old place.

3-LockBox
02-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I read it anyway!

Snowbunny
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
You're in Wikipedia! Cool!

I'm working on an article on gas station architecture and I thought I remembered that you had some examples in "Lost America". Did you do any research on the buildings you photographed?

Snowbunny

MasterCylinder
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
"Maybe Troy's virus protection doubles as vomit protection."
__________________________________________________ ______

I hope not -- I would hate to know he would miss out on this one.

Here is the math:

Zappa plus Trapeze divided by Metallica = Cat Vomit.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Did you not recently change your e-mail address ?
I don't have it and a message I sent you this morning was returned undeliverable.

Shoot me the new one when you get a chance -- thanks.

BTW, the message was this:

Look for Cat Vomit in your mailbox.

Maybe Troy's virus protection doubles as vomit protection.

Troy
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
You're in Wikipedia! Cool!

I'm working on an article on gas station architecture and I thought I remembered that you had some examples in "Lost America". Did you do any research on the buildings you photographed?

Snowbunny

Really?

*checks*

Yeah, I guess I am. Weird that a "history of night photography" article would mention me and not O. Winston Link or Richard Misrach. Wikipedia is more than a little half-baked and bogus. That article looks like it was written by someone I know (It probably was, the night photography community is pretty small.) Wiki is very much NOT the place to go for accurate or complete info on any subject.

How the hell did you think to look me up there? I'm amused.

Yeah, I research many of the places I shoot. What did you have in mind? Be happy to help you with your piece if I can. E-mail me if you like.

Snowbunny
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I guess I am. Weird that a "history of night photography" article would mention me and not O. Winston Link or Richard Misrach.

Weird? That you'd be listed as a notable "night photography" artist? Hehehe...maybe because your stuff is good? Sheesh. Learn to take a compliment! ;)

I think I looked it up under "abandoned sites photography" or something like that.

I'm looking for a picture of an original "Teague Texaco" built by Art Deco designer Walter Dorwin Teague around 1937. We have one of the last ones here in my town.

Any chance you know about them?

TIA,
Snowbie