The Real Part 1 Poll: Best SciFi/Fantasy/Action [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Real Part 1 Poll: Best SciFi/Fantasy/Action

Kam
02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
So here's the best action/ sci-fi/ fantasies of the year!

topspeed
02-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Very close between Batman and SW3. I chose Batman because it took a moribund franchise in a completely new direction, much to its benefit. SW3 was far, far better than Ep.1 or 2, but it was still more of the same thing. Plus, the acting was scary bad in Ep3. OTOH, how can not like a movie with Morgan Freeman?

paul_pci
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
For me it was close between Batman and King Kong, but I have to say that Batman really wowed me with the writing and story structure, etc. I thought King Kong was spectacular and met expectations, whereas I think Batman exceeded what was expected of it.

L.J.
02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm also going with Batman.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I also went for Batman, with Chronicles of Narnia in a VERY close second.

AVMASTER
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
a clear cut winner for taking every aspect of film making in a whole new direction.
King Kong for adding a fresh new coat of paint to a worn story line
and special recognition to SW3 for neatly tying it all together

wayner86
02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
The T. Rex scene sold me.

JES14
02-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Sw3, but I have not seen Kong yet.

Florian
02-05-2006, 11:25 AM
My fav. is Sin City....that movie takes no prisoners! :-)

Worf101
02-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Sin City to me was the movie last year. Groundbreaking, amazing in every respect. Restored my faith in graphic novel adaptations and Tarrantino to boot. Doesn't get any better...

Da Worfster :cool:

GMichael
02-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I enjoyed Serenity the most. But Bat-begins and the monkey were good too.

kexodusc
02-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Hmmm, close between Sin City and Ep III for me. Batman Begins I really, really enjoyed, but since when did Batman learn kung-fu? This movie reeked of "The Count of Monte Cristo", Zoro etc, which I've never really gotten over...too easy a plot, and too often used in recent memory. But Scarecrow was a pretty cool badguy, and this was by far a much darker, more calculated and cerebral Batman.

I'm a Star Wars fan so I liked all of Ep III (well except for Lucas' puke inducing love scene dialogue, and Hayden Christiansen).

Sin City was great too, except it felt like a typical Tarrantino movie to me...just artsy-er. Kill Bill was better. But the toilet scene is a classic already.

Narnia was really good too. A bit less than what I expected, this genre's been exhausted in recent years, I think that's why.

Notice how none of these movies were anything close to being "original"? Is Hollywood running out of material?

All in all, these minor gripes are just nitpicking though. 2005 was a better movie year than I thought, despite the crappy box-office performance.