Marantz 2238 Clipping-help!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz 2238 Clipping-help!!!

mrsmithster
02-01-2006, 08:59 PM
my 2238B marantz that was ok a few days ago needs help today. all of a sudden the right channel is clipping even at low volumes in both the A and B speaker sets. i started noticing it and within a few days it has progressed to the point im running both speakers off the left A and B sets(to save my speakers). not cool listening to one channel stereo. anyone know if this is a capacitor problem or what might need repair? other than this new problem its a great unit and even with one channel still blows away alot of the new crap out there today. any advice would be helpful. thanks

Geoffcin
02-02-2006, 06:46 AM
my 2238B marantz that was ok a few days ago needs help today. all of a sudden the right channel is clipping even at low volumes in both the A and B speaker sets. i started noticing it and within a few days it has progressed to the point im running both speakers off the left A and B sets(to save my speakers). not cool listening to one channel stereo. anyone know if this is a capacitor problem or what might need repair? other than this new problem its a great unit and even with one channel still blows away alot of the new crap out there today. any advice would be helpful. thanks

Is to look up a Marantz owners forum. There's a few on the web. Good luck.