Anybody using Tactile Transducers/Bass Shakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Tactile Transducers/Bass Shakers?

bag
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm considering going down the transducer route instead of rounding out my system with an earthshaking sub that might disturb the neighbors (theater's in the basement of my townhome). System use - 60% gaming, 30% movies, 10% multichannel audio.

I'd originally started researching the Pyramat PM220, the "Ultimate Game Chair" and the"Gamepod", but the only value-add for any of them are their built-in transducers - the audio quality for the other speakers built into these chairs would probably be well below the fidelity of my current system.

I'm leaning towards the Clark Synthesis or Crowson Technologies transducers - sweet prices, low probable disturbance factor, and I can leverage existing amp investments (old 100W/ch Onkyo) to power either. Most likely deployment would be in a single game chair, building out to a couch if I dig the effect. Anybody demo'd or own these or similar solutions (Aura, Buttkicker, etc.)?

JeffKnob
01-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I have some Aura bassshakers. They are interesting when watching a movie. I have never tried it but I bet it would be great a game.

shaizi
03-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I have been using transducers for over 5 years now in my home theatre system and they are very addictive and the moment you turn them off, you really feel somthing very important and fun is missing. High powered amplification is highly recommended for good tactile effect. Using a good pwered subwoofer actually enhances the overall effect of the tactile sensation, because the subs covers the aural spectrum and the transducers take care of the physical aspect, the combination (if tuned properly) is incredible. Buttkicker is also making a very high quality buttkickers..... Good luck and have fun

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I have been using transducers for over 5 years now in my home theatre system and they are very addictive and the moment you turn them off, you really feel somthing very important and fun is missing. High powered amplification is highly recommended for good tactile effect. Using a good pwered subwoofer actually enhances the overall effect of the tactile sensation, because the subs covers the aural spectrum and the transducers take care of the physical aspect, the combination (if tuned properly) is incredible. Buttkicker is also making a very high quality buttkickers..... Good luck and have fun

A good subwoofer could take care of both the spectrum, and that spectrum tactile contribution to the sound. I tried the buttkicker, and my subs did a better job than these things did. I have never understood the lure of using a mechanical device to do something that a good subwoofer can already do. To each his own.

abulgan
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
A good subwoofer could take care of both the spectrum, and that spectrum tactile contribution to the sound. I tried the buttkicker, and my subs did a better job than these things did. I have never understood the lure of using a mechanical device to do something that a good subwoofer can already do. To each his own.
i see that u have "Dell CPX laptop for calibration" in your equipment list,how or what using this for?i'm thinking buy something like this so need your help:biggrin5:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
i see that u have "Dell CPX laptop for calibration" in your equipment list,how or what using this for?i'm thinking buy something like this so need your help:biggrin5:

I have test tones, and a portable spectrum analyzer on it. It has been a great help in tuning my room. I plan on using it to capture screen shots for DVD reviews in the future. I also keep alot of music on its hard drive, and use it to connect online for music listening through my home theater. I happen to like drum corps, and there is a online site that streams drum corps music 24/7

It has become quite a handy over the years. Its time for a replacement though.