5.1 Audio Headset [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Audio Headset

AndyW1
01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I read something somewhere about headsets that reproduce 5.1 audio reasonably well..or perhaps it was a daydream sequence after my wife complained about the movie volume during an action scene when she wasn't watching the movie? ;) :( :confused: Does anyone have information on headsets that will reproduce 5.1 audio reasonably well?

Woochifer
01-20-2004, 12:30 AM
I read something somewhere about headsets that reproduce 5.1 audio reasonably well..or perhaps it was a daydream sequence after my wife complained about the movie volume during an action scene when she wasn't watching the movie? ;) :( :confused: Does anyone have information on headsets that will reproduce 5.1 audio reasonably well?

Actually, you can get that with some receivers and DVD players that are equipped with Dolby Headphone. I've tried it out, and it does a reasonably good at reproducing an encirclement effect with 5.1 sources. Yamaha and Sony also do very good surround headphone modes with their DSP chips. I'm not sure about headphones that can do this, because Dolby and the other surround headphone implementations use the full 5.1 tracks to create that virtual surround effect.