Wireless headphones using audio out jacks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless headphones using audio out jacks

willie321
01-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Greetings,

Just purchased a set of wireless headphones and have attached to a Yamaha HTR-5830 via the rec out jacks. My question is this: My DVD player is connected through an opitcal cable. Headphones will not receive dvd output. All other functions will receive (CD, TV, VCR, etc) via RCA inputs/outputs. Is there a secret to fixing this? Thanks for your help.

noddin0ff
01-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna guess that its because the internal workings don't route a 5.1 channel signal to the 2-channel rec outs. Is there a DSP that outputs only stereo? Or converts to 2 channel Dolby? Maybe then it will work?If not, a workaround would be to run the wireless transmiter from the headphone jack. Just get a Y adaptor to to convert the 1/4" stereo jack to two mono-RCA connections.

willie321
01-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Hunted around for the DSP to downcode. No luck. Looks like I will have to plug into the headphone jack after all (plugging in the Headphone jack solved the issue). It won't make the W person happy because I will have to leave the cabinet door open. (Can't you hide that mess???) Oh well at least I can listen to the player. Thanks again!

markw
01-29-2006, 06:02 PM
many receivers don't pass signals thet originated in the digital domain to the tape monitor jacks, only analog signals. ..sounds like you've got one of 'em. RTFM.