Question about HDMI, and Component cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question about HDMI, and Component cables

Groundbeef
01-29-2006, 11:29 AM
I am going to be purchasing a large Plasma for my basement. I am wondering since my Reciever VSX-1015TX only accepts component, not HDMI, will I get a good picture from my HD satallite reciever?

I can run the HDMI cable from it to the TV, but that cuts out the audio, and I have to run it from the TV. :( If I run component, I can have video and audio from the reciever.

What is max resolution from component? Can I get 720p or 1080i from them?

Thanks. If I need to upgrade my reciever I will, but would prefer to make it work for a while if I can.

robert393
01-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I am going to be purchasing a large Plasma for my basement. I am wondering since my Reciever VSX-1015TX only accepts component, not HDMI, will I get a good picture from my HD satallite reciever?

I can run the HDMI cable from it to the TV, but that cuts out the audio, and I have to run it from the TV. :( If I run component, I can have video and audio from the reciever.

What is max resolution from component? Can I get 720p or 1080i from them?

Thanks. If I need to upgrade my reciever I will, but would prefer to make it work for a while if I can.Component will pass through 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.

Robert

paul_pci
01-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Whether or not you go with the component or HDMI, you're still going to have to run audio from the sat receiver to your a/v receiver. There's no way around that.

Groundbeef
01-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Whether or not you go with the component or HDMI, you're still going to have to run audio from the sat receiver to your a/v receiver. There's no way around that.

That part is ok. The problem I would have if I had HDMI to the TV, is the audio would have to go to the reciever. That lends itself to "delay" as the video is going straight to the TV, and the Audio is passing through the reciever. Sometimes there can be a lag, vs both audio and video passing through the receiver.

Thanks for your inputs, saved me about $900 as that is the lowest I can find for a HDMI equipped receiver.