Vsx-d912k [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vsx-d912k

69 camaro SS
01-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey everyonr, Can anyone give me some info on this reciever? I am looking at it real cheap on E-BAY, Any info would be great.http://forums.audioreview.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=34#
Stick Out Tongue
THANKS Steve :p

thekid
01-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey everyonr, Can anyone give me some info on this reciever? I am looking at it real cheap on E-BAY, Any info would be great.http://forums.audioreview.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=34#
Stick Out Tongue

Here are some specs on it if you don't have them already.
Compare them to the 815 you and I have already discussed and the 1015 which is THX-certified.

Type Receiver
Number of Channels 7.1 Channels
Stereo Mode Power 100 Watt @ 8 ohm, 1 kHz, THD: 1%
Surround Mode Power 100 Watt @ 8 ohm, 1 kHz, THD: 1%
Surround Sound Dolby Digital? • DTS? • DTS ES? • Dolby Pro Logic II
THX Certification No
DSP
DSP Modes 6 CH Stereo • Game • Movie • Musical • Theater
Inputs / Outputs
Rear Input Connectors RCA (2 Audio Channels) x 5 • Digital Coaxial x 2 • Digital Optical x 2 • Composite (Video) x 3 • S-Video x 3 • Component x 2
Rear Output Connectors RCA (2 Audio Channels) x 2 • Digital Optical x 1 • Composite (Video) x 2 • S-Video x 2 • Component x 1
Front A/V Connections Composite x 1 • Couple RCA Jack x 1 • Headphones x 1 • Optical x 1 • S-Video x 1
Surround Analog Inputs 7.1 Channels x 1
Preamp Outputs 6.1 Channels
Convenience
Speaker Impedance 8 Ohm • 16 Ohm
Speaker Selection A+B or A/B
Tuner Presets 30 Channels
Tone Controls Bass & Treble
Remote Control
Type Learning
Design Keypad with Display
Dimensions
Width 16.56 in.
Depth 15.38 in.
Height 6.25 in.
Weight 23.1 lb.
Warranty
1 Year
Miscellaneous
Included Accessories Microphone • Microphone Stand • Remote Control
Power Consumption 280 Watt
MPN vsx-d912-k
Product ID 20732678
More Information
If it is power, fidelity, and convenience you're looking for, the VSXD912K is the receiver for you. With 110 watts x 6 channels, the VSX-D912K has power in reserve. The Auto MCACC (Multi-channel Acoustic Calibration) provides a microphone that listens to each of your speakers and automatically adjusts them for distance and sound level ensuring that each channel of sound reaches you at the right time and at the right volume; all automatically! Extra digital inputs; 5 total with a front optical digital input provides needed flexibility when the video game or camcorder may be on the move. A pre-programmed learning LCD remote is the control center for all of your equipment; even in the dark. The VSX-D912K is a serious A/V receiver equipped with an all aluminum front panel and cool blue volume LED indicator putting this A/V receiver in the same league as the big boys.

There is one review on this site from a couple years. You may want to PM the reviewer and see what they might be able to tell you. From the reviews I found it looks like the unit came out 2-3 years ago, all liked it but one mentioned that the owners manual says to only use 8-ohm speakers so that may be an issue depending on your speakers.

Good luck on your bidding if you go for it.

luvs2jam60
01-29-2006, 08:56 AM
I have an 815 and the only differences between the 815 and 915 are 10 more WPC on surround mode (110), 20 more WPC on stereo mode(120), video upconversion from composite to s-video, and a learning remote. Other than that, they are both identical. I'm not really sure what the difference was between the 912 and 812 at that time, but I'm sure it wasn't anything too drastic and for a $100 MSRP difference between the 815 and 915, you gotta think if those couple features are really gonna make a huge difference for $100 more.

Defshep
01-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I believe the 912 is only 6.1, although it allows for four rear speakers to be connected, with the back surrounds splitting the sixth channel. No big deal, since 7.1 audio is no big deal yet.

rick390
02-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I have a VSX-D912K Pioneer receiver that I've had for about a month. It looks great and it has power but you need to crank the volume up to access that power. Also you can't completely trust the auto-setup. It set my front speakers to large when they are just bookshelves. The auto setup also made my surround speakers too loud and my center channel too quiet. I ended up setting mine up manually and setting the center channel one db louder than the front speakers and the surrounds about 2 db louder than the fronts. I still haven't figured out how to set my sub for the best sound.

All in all its a decent receiver and I'm driving 4 ohm Triangle xs front speakers with it with no trouble. If I had it to do over I think I would pony up the extra dough and get the model 1014 or 1015 with thx. I paid $199. from an internet company I think you can find a 1014 for $400.

Stick Out Tongue

kexodusc
02-23-2006, 05:31 AM
How cheap are we talking here? It's a good receiver, but from what I see on ebay the "deals" can be hard to come by. Make sure you aren't buying one of the many non-functional receivers that people sell (sometimes you have to read the fine print).
$400 for a brand new VSX-1015tx is a good deal.