Paradigm.......WOW!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm.......WOW!!!!!!

speakeroligist_38
01-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Hello people it has been a while since I last posted. Just recently purchased a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's v.3 and all I can say is WOW!!!!! Right out of the box the 20's sounded awesome. Big sound stage and everything is just right. Congrats goes to the Paradigm Team. I had the chance to compare the 20's to a few others including the AR.coms, Paradigm Titans v.3, and Polk Rti6's all of which are very nice sounding BUT the 20's IMHO are by far in another class. The Ar.coms are also very nice but not nearly as effecient as the 20's The 20's just image so well with incredible articulation and precision that just leaves me with that "WoW" factor. Has anyone else here had the same experience with repsect to the Studio 20's v.3????? I have a feeling that the all new Studio 20's v.4 versions will be even better.

Woochifer
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Those are also my impressions of the 20 v.3. Just a great all-around speaker that excels with imaging, soundstaging, and tonal balance. Wonderfully transparent sound that works well with a wide range of music genres, as well as home theater sources.

Noticeable overall improvement compared to the Studio 20 v.2 models that I own. Definitely worth consideration from anyone who's looking at speakers around the $800 price point. If they're anything like the Paradigms I've purchased, then they will sound even better after a few hours of playing time.

speakeroligist_38
01-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks woocifer I couldn't agree more. The 20's are already sounding even better. I am a paradigm fan for life!!! Also like my Yamaha RX-V757 receiver as well. Have a good day woocifer.

Dmax
02-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Those are also my impressions of the 20 v.3. Just a great all-around speaker that excels with imaging, soundstaging, and tonal balance. Wonderfully transparent sound that works well with a wide range of music genres, as well as home theater sources.

Noticeable overall improvement compared to the Studio 20 v.2 models that I own. Definitely worth consideration from anyone who's looking at speakers around the $800 price point. If they're anything like the Paradigms I've purchased, then they will sound even better after a few hours of playing time.
Can anyone help me find info on these particular speakers, I tried the Paradigm website but couldnt find them :(

wayner86
02-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Navigation on the Paradigm website is lacking. Also, downloading the .pdf files can be difficult too. Try this link Dmax.

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteReferenceProduct/RModels/StudioSeries/studioseries.html

Florian
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks woocifer I couldn't agree more. The 20's are already sounding even better. I am a paradigm fan for life!!! Also like my Yamaha RX-V757 receiver as well. Have a good day woocifer.I remember the days when i swore dedication to my Onkyo Integra and THX speakers. Times change. Keep an open mind!

But dont let that keep you from enjoying your beginnings. Have fun! :)

Woochifer
02-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Can anyone help me find info on these particular speakers, I tried the Paradigm website but couldnt find them :(

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteReferenceProduct/RModels/StudioSeries/StudioSpecs.html

And here's a review that also has links to measurements that were done at the NRC in Canada.

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/paradigm_studio20_v3.htm