Reasonably Priced Sub. Any Suggestions? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Reasonably Priced Sub. Any Suggestions?

fishnugget
01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I am buying the Mirage Omnisat v2 system for my room. Looking for a good sub in the 500-600 range. Any ideas?

Bryan
02-03-2006, 04:58 PM
One from HSU, SVS, or AV123 (Rocket) should work well. I would even look at used subs at audiogon.com. Be sure to look at the reviews. Check some of the specialty audio stores in your area for a higher quality sub than what may be available at Best Buy or Sears.

calegrant
02-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Yea, in your price range you can pick up good subs from big box stores and get extended unlimited warranties which will let you blow it up several times in the course of it's life and have it replaced for free. Or you could look into the 12" dayton DIY sub from partsexpress.com, easily the best performance in it's price range.

speakeroligist_38
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
fish I used to own a Paradigm PS1000 v.4 10" sub and it was just awesome. Very tight and controlled yet could really rock the house if you wanted it too. The sub also handled transients very well while maintaining excellent sound quality. It was great for both HT and music listening and is in your price range. You may also wanna check out the likes of SVS, Hsu research, and Outlaw Audio which seem to garner a lot of attention. Good luck in your descision.

drseid
02-04-2006, 04:22 AM
I like all of Bryan's suggestions. All of those subs would be good choices in your range. My father loves his UFW-10 sub I bought him from av123.com .

I think it will depend on your goals... For music, I would go with the UFW-10 (it is smaller, but more musical than the others)... For HT, Hsu and SVS in particular are the clear winners, IMO (as they can crank out major SPLs for this price range). I should also mention that all of the mentioned subs do both music and HT well... I just feel that some do cetain things better than others.

---Dave