center to macth image 4t's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : center to macth image 4t's

Evely_M
01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
im a little new to the whole ht scene but im looking for a good center to match with my psb image t4's...im looking at something by paradigm....any suggestions!!! Looking to spend about 550 can dollars on center and surround speakers!!!!

Tarheel_
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
im a little new to the whole ht scene but im looking for a good center to match with my psb image t4's...im looking at something by paradigm....any suggestions!!! Looking to spend about 550 can dollars on center and surround speakers!!!!

the psb image series are fine sounding speakers. The series have dedicated center speakers for your model. There are two of them, but i cannot recall their model #s.
Anyway, you want to the center speaker and the t4's to timbre match. So don't go with another speaker company, you'll get the best results by staying in the same family.

here's a link...shoot them an email and they may be able to help
http://www.yawaonline.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=YO&Category_Code=PSB

Hawkeye
01-27-2006, 01:13 PM
im a little new to the whole ht scene but im looking for a good center to match with my psb image t4's...im looking at something by paradigm....any suggestions!!! Looking to spend about 550 can dollars on center and surround speakers!!!!PSB makes some very nice speakers, the Image line is highly regarded in their price range. The 4T's you currently have are from a previous model year, around 2003 or 2004 I believe. The matching center is an 8C and the matching surounds are the 1B's. I'd agree with Tarheel, you should definitely try to stay within that line. The bad news - since they're not the current year's models they'll be harder to find, but not impossible. The good news - if you do find them they should be discounted quite a bit. I have the 8C and 1B's and bought them from Andy Zimmerman over at http://saturdayaudio.com/ in Chicago. If you're in the US, you can try giving him a call, he may have some ideas. He is highly recommended on many of the various HT boards. (I am in no way affiliated with them).

What are you using your 4T's with now?