Need help in choosing Home theater Speakers for Poineer Elite model VSX-72TXV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need help in choosing Home theater Speakers for Poineer Elite model VSX-72TXV

PaulKang
01-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Hello Everybody,

I need help in Choosing Speakers for Poineer Elite model VSX-72TXV.

Little Discription about the product ("A Direct Energy Bipolar 7-Channel powerplant delivers 130 Watts to all 7 channels with very credible authority and our new Advanced MCACC calibration system, Burr Brown 192kHZ / 24-Bit digital to analog converters, new Phase Control bass management system, and new Standing Wave compensation circuitry digitally combine to create the 3-Dimensional aural experience the studio engineer intended for you to hear in the home").

Thanks

Supamike
01-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Where have you found this model actually for sale? I saw it on Pioneer's site just recently, but when I clicked on their auth. online dealers and their retail channels, you can't find it anywhere. Just curious...

Supamike
01-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Nevermind... I now see it listed to the side in the "Hot Deals".

Anyone deal with "AV Perfection"? I thought their pricing was interesting on this receiver:

List Price: $1,700.00
Our Price: $1,075.00
You Save: $625.00 (37%)

Umm... okay. The MSRP on the VSX-72TXV (as listed on Pioneer's website) is $1200. For a fairly new receiver, the $1075 price isn't bad since it's still below the SRP. However, it seems that showing the "List Price" as $1700 and a "savings" of $625 is a bit overblown. Even if there were a national shortage of these, it's nothing 30 days wouldn't resolve.

wayner86
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm looking at purchasing the same Receiver & some Paradigm studio 20's. Also it wouldnt hurt to look at some Dynaudio speakers, both companies make great speakers and are worth checking out.

There are many other great speaker manufacturers, if you read old threads on this site, or use the search function, you'll find lots of posts with helpful info.

L.J.
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Hello Everybody,

I need help in Choosing Speakers for Poineer Elite model VSX-72TXV.

Little Discription about the product ("A Direct Energy Bipolar 7-Channel powerplant delivers 130 Watts to all 7 channels with very credible authority and our new Advanced MCACC calibration system, Burr Brown 192kHZ / 24-Bit digital to analog converters, new Phase Control bass management system, and new Standing Wave compensation circuitry digitally combine to create the 3-Dimensional aural experience the studio engineer intended for you to hear in the home").

Thanks

What kinda budget, you working with?

PaulKang
01-26-2006, 06:56 AM
First of all, Thanks to everybody for the reply...My budget is in between $800 to $1200 on speakers. I like good bass with 12" SubW..I'm naive in this area, bigger the sub more watts it produce.
I have looked so far Paradigm Cinema 110 series, here in Houston there is a local dealer, which is giving me in $740. I considering Polk RM20 any review on this? How is energy speakers?
L.J, You have them right? how they are permorming and much you pay them?

Any Review on The Pioneer reicever VSX-72TXV..I haven't bought it yet...I did lot of research, in 850 dollars (local dealer), it provides lot of functionality like HDMI,ipod, 130*7 (i'm suspisious about the power, coz some1 telling me pioneer Amps are underpowerd. is this correct?) ..Thanks in advance

PaulKang
01-26-2006, 06:58 AM
How is Hsu Research speaker, they definetly have big woofers, but their website looks fishy, who are these people their website is buid on yahoo storefronts, looks like people like me and you created the company, I could be wrong? I don't wanna offend anybody, expressing my opinions...they have one good thing, 30 day money back guarnatee..
Is anybody out these using these speakers?

L.J.
01-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey Paul,

Well for starters, I love my Energy speakers, but you may not. My particular line of Energy speaker has been discontinued and replaced with a new line so I got my speakers at a really nice discount.

I can only suggest you go out and listen until you find what you like. Some brands you can look into are Energy, Paradigm, Klipsch, Boston, Mirage, Wharfedale, Axiom.........it really goes on and on. Try to find a mid/high end dealer in your area and take some of your favorite CDs with you and start listenin'.

Have you considered building your system slowly? With 1200 you can get yourself some really nice bookshelves and a sub and then later on, when you build some more $$$, you can move your bookshelves to the back and get some better fronts and a center.

As far as subs go, HSU, SVS and Velodyne are highly recommended here.

PaulKang
01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks LJ for quick reply, I like your idea to build system slowly, could you please help me to undertand "some really nice bookshelves and a sub ", it's only two speakers and Sub or Front three and Sub, please suggest any vendor,
These speakers are for my living area 18'* 20' has high cieling 18'. Do you think this reciver is powerful to handle. Thanks in advance.

L.J.
01-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks LJ for quick reply, I like your idea to build system slowly, could you please help me to undertand "some really nice bookshelves and a sub ", it's only two speakers and Sub or Front three and Sub, please suggest any vendor,
These speakers are for my living area 18'* 20' has high cieling 18'. Do you think this reciver is powerful to handle. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure the Pioneer will be OK. You can also look into Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz and HK as far as AVR's go. Yamaha is very popular around here but any of the mentioned brands should be fine, espeacially in the price range you're considering.

As far as speakers go, as I mentioned you can look into Energy, Paradigm, Klipsch, Boston, Mirage, Wharfedale, Axiom, Def Tech, Monitor Audio.....the list goes on and on. It will come down to what you like and you'll know when you hear it. Here (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10906) is a thread with more great recommendations. Go all out on the speakers because they will have a great impact on the sound you're trying to acheive and odds are you're gonna have em for a great while.

Go to website of these suggested speaker manuf. and they should list authorized dealers in your area. If your local Best Buy has a Magnolia ministore inside you can find some of the mentioned brands their also. I'd say start with 2 bookshelves and a sub and just use the virtual settingon your AVR until you build enough to get rest of your speakers in the future. By doing it this way, you'll end up with a much better system in the long run.

As far as subs go, you may want to start a new thread in the speaker forum. I know that HSU, SVS and Velodyne are highly recommended but I have no experience with them so I cant comment.

PaulKang
01-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks a lot, it's a great info..I'm considering Klipsch RB 35 or RB25 Home Theater may be paradigm PDR 12 sub. Thanks
RB-35 Home Theater
RB-35 Bookshelf Loudspeakers
RC-35 Center Channel
RS-35 Surrounds
RW-12 Subwoofer

Home Theater Series(
RB-25 Bookshelf Loudspeakers
RC-25 Center Channel
RS-25 Surrounds
RW-10 Subwoofer)

Supamike
01-27-2006, 01:26 PM
If you can get the Poineer Elite VSX-72TXV for $850, new w/warranty, from an authorized dealer, go for it. You'll be hard pressed to find a comparable Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo unless you throw in another $300. Oh, and give me their phone #. :)