centre channel crackling [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : centre channel crackling

Astro
01-25-2006, 03:57 AM
i have noticed that when watching a dvd with somone yelling in it , when they yell i get a faint fuzzy, crackel noise from the centre. the volume isnt up all that loud, but have noticed it on a few dvds, when they person is yelling, as they are yelling it happens and it very faint.
is this normal ?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-25-2006, 10:55 AM
i have noticed that when watching a dvd with somone yelling in it , when they yell i get a faint fuzzy, crackel noise from the centre. the volume isnt up all that loud, but have noticed it on a few dvds, when they person is yelling, as they are yelling it happens and it very faint.
is this normal ?

This sounds like either you have dust in your volume control, or your speaker is overloading. Do you have your speaker settings on large or small?

Astro
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
This sounds like either you have dust in your volume control, or your speaker is overloading. Do you have your speaker settings on large or small?

dust in my colume control?
what does that mean?
speakers are set to small
have also noticed that you cant hear it if you put your ear up to the speaker, you have to be at least a meter away from it.
i hooked the centre channel up to my fronts and it did the same thing, i then hooked it up to a different front speaker, and it still did it.

cheers