Anyone Familiar with Vector Research Subwoofer? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Familiar with Vector Research Subwoofer?

natlus
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I have been promised a Vector Research subwoofer that was part of a (two)satellite system, and am curious about its history and performance(save for its previous owner). There is absolutely nothing I can find on the internet, save on some VR receivers. The model number is (I believe)VRP 220. Any knowledge/experience with this sub/system or pointers to resources on the net would be appreciated.

Am also curious about how/if such a sub can be hooked up with my current system, a pair of bi-amped Wharfedale SP-83 Saphires and a NAD 7240 receiver--I've never tried a sub from a particular satellite trio with different speakers-am I asking for trouble?

Thanks all in advance.

Worf101
01-25-2006, 06:29 AM
1. Checked on the bay?
2. Checked the older model reviews here?
3. Done a real live "google" on the thing.?

I hooked a Vector Research sub up in one system about 3 years ago. It's still going strong. I think they were a British outfit but I might be mistaken it was some time ago.

Da Worfster :confused:

N. Abstentia
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
My only experience with Vector Research is from some speakers my Dad bought at a pawn shop a few years ago. They looked nice, but turned out to be cheap crap. The grille weighed more than the woofer! Found out later they were in fact 'white van' speakers. Not sure if it's the same company or not, but the ones I had were useless, except for the enclosures.

natlus
01-25-2006, 05:36 PM
1. Checked on the bay?
2. Checked the older model reviews here?
3. Done a real live "google" on the thing.?

I hooked a Vector Research sub up in one system about 3 years ago. It's still going strong. I think they were a British outfit but I might be mistaken it was some time ago.

Da Worfster :confused:

Oh God yes on all three counts, though not sure about what you mean by live "google". But good to know that these subs are not evil or ka-ka. Think my NAD 7240 can handle the sub and the Wharfedales?