Can Onkyo TX DS595 play SACD Discs? Also, need recommendations [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can Onkyo TX DS595 play SACD Discs? Also, need recommendations

DanGinCT
01-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi All,
I'm considering buying a Pioneer DV588 to replace my dead Panasonic RV41. I've got an Onkyo TX DS595 receiver but the manual doesn't say anything about supporting SACD. The receiver does have multi channel inputs, does that mean it can play SACD? Also, can anyone recommend a player that has HDMI, upconversion & SACD & DVDA support? The Samsung DVD-HD950 seems to have all the features I' m looking for but I'm not sure about Samsung quality? Thanks!

Dan

L.J.
01-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi All,
I'm considering buying a Pioneer DV588 to replace my dead Panasonic RV41. I've got an Onkyo TX DS595 receiver but the manual doesn't say anything about supporting SACD. The receiver does have multi channel inputs, does that mean it can play SACD? Also, can anyone recommend a player that has HDMI, upconversion & SACD & DVDA support? The Samsung DVD-HD950 seems to have all the features I' m looking for but I'm not sure about Samsung quality? Thanks!

Dan

Yes, as long as the Onkyo has multi chan. inputs than thats fine for SACD and DVD-A. Have you looked at the Denon 1920 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-68satNxiP6y/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=54400&I=033DV1920B)? I tried Samsung myself, before going with Denon and I was not happy with the Samsung at all, sound or performance wise. I'm sure others will be alond with more suggestions.