Speaker connections-HELP!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker connections-HELP!!!

lowkey37
01-18-2004, 06:06 PM
When connecting speaker wire to a speaker is it better to use a banana plug or something similar or just connect the wire directly to the speaker using no plug? I am looking for best sound possible!

TinHere
01-18-2004, 06:36 PM
When connecting speaker wire to a speaker is it better to use a banana plug or something similar or just connect the wire directly to the speaker using no plug? I am looking for best sound possible!

Plugs are used more for convenience and don't effect the sound. Just make sure you don't have loose ends. Placement of the speakers and room acoustics will make a big difference in what you hear.

Enjoy!

This Guy
01-18-2004, 06:36 PM
it doesn't matter there is no audible difference. Banana plugs might keep the wire in a little better, but not needed. Just use bare wire to the binding posts,

-Joey

manek
01-19-2004, 04:33 AM
Its safer to use banana or spades so that no strands touch the opposite terminal and blow your amp...I've seen it happen. Secondly plugs will prevent your exposed cable from oxidation which kills sound. Plugs also give better tighter connections. Use monster lock glod plated...you dont need tools to crimp the cable. Its makes one hellova joint and will give you listening pleasure for years.

lowkey37
01-19-2004, 07:56 AM
thanks