bill frissell-EAST WEST [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bill frissell-EAST WEST

hifitommy
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
its a great 2 disc set that will set you on your ear. particularly the west disc. check it out.

noddin0ff
01-22-2006, 08:34 AM
hmmm. an emerging marketing trend?

Jacqui Naylor - Live East-West: Birdland/Yoshi's (http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=17511) ... also stronger on the West disk. The back up group is the real strength, especially Art Khu on piano (also does most of the arrangements).

Thanks for the tip. I'll look in to it!

Resident Loser
01-24-2006, 09:56 AM
its a great 2 disc set that will set you on your ear. particularly the west disc. check it out.

...not usually a fan of live stuff, I'll hafta' check it out... Really like his "Gone, Just Like A Train"...Viktor Krauss bassist on the West disc, worked with him on GJLAT along with Jim Keltner on drums...I think it's an outstanding example of what a studio recording can and should sound like...

jimHJJ(...good listening...)

hifitommy
01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
west has some real industrial strength playing on it. i was surprised, i have been bored by some of frisell's work in the past but THIS is different.

last time i heard it in public was on some $60k von schweikert spks driven by-SURPRISE-a pair of $2300 200wpc monoblocks from CIA (channel island audio). the surprise being ow great $60 spks sounded on $2300 amplification.

anyway, west is hard hitting. try it, you wont be sorry and its two discs for about the price of one.