Bass management with RX-V2600???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bass management with RX-V2600????

Newfiestang50
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Guys, just have a concern with my new 2600. I'm wondering if my main speakers are getting full range signal, i have them set to large and the bass out set to both and crossover set to 60Hz. It seems that they are not working very hard playing bass heavy music, they are very bass capable (as reviews indicate) and i want them to play full range. So i guess my question is with the above mentioned settings will my mains receive a full range signal or not, or will they just receive the freq. above what my Xover is set to on the receiver?? I thought that setting size to large automatically ment they would get full signal but not sure. Oh forgot to mention that i am powering my mains with two nad amps (C372 & C272 wired in BI-amp configuration) from my 2600 main pre outs so power should be ok. Thanks.

Woochifer
01-21-2006, 06:22 PM
So long as you have the mains set to LARGE and the bass output set to BOTH, then the subwoofer output will get the bass range below 60 Hz and augment the speakers, which should get the full range. The quickest way to check this is to simply turn off the subwoofer, and run a low frequency test tone (about 40 Hz) through the mains using both the LARGE and SMALL settings. When the mains are set to SMALL, then the test tone should run at a much lower level than when set to LARGE.

Another culprit with low frequencies is the speaker placement. If you have the speakers along the middle of the wall, that location is typically creates the least amount of bass reinforcement. You might want to try a different placement and see if that improves the bass.

Wireworm5
01-22-2006, 02:48 AM
You should have a LFE setting. This can be set anywhere from 0 to -10, 0 being full effect. And another thing on mine is a dynamic range setting. I have mine set to normal. I assume also that you have a bass extension button and this is set in the on position. Also on mine, I don't know if this applies to the 2600, in the speaker setting you might have your mains set to -10 db instead of normal.

Wireworm5
01-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Another thing that I didn't mention since I am not familiar with the 2600 is speaker levels. On the 2200 you have to set the speaker level for each soundfield which is accessed through the parameter switch and then uses the level button on remote. Being that you have YPAO I was assuming that this sets the levels for you, maybe not, dunno.