New Tangent coming 1/31 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Tangent coming 1/31

Mr Peabody
01-20-2006, 11:51 PM
A Place in the Queue will be released on 1/31/06. This is their 3rd album. I don't know much about it, maybe some one can add to this. It is said to be a departure from their first 2 albums but I think every band says that about their upcoming album.

BarryL
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
A Place in the Queue will be released on 1/31/06. This is their 3rd album. I don't know much about it, maybe some one can add to this. It is said to be a departure from their first 2 albums but I think every band says that about their upcoming album.

Mr. Tillson is a very varied composer, given his earlier start with Parallel or 90 Degrees. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks for the good news.

3-LockBox
01-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Mr. Tillson is a very varied composer, given his earlier start with Parallel or 90 Degrees. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks for the good news.

How did you like their other stuff?

BarryL
01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
How did you like their other stuff?

I thought their first album was great. It is very traditional classical prog, nothing shredding or overly modern. Lots of keyboards and rather mellow vocals. You'd like it I'm sure. Lyrically, it's mostly about the old days of prog and how it was slandered and destroyed by music critics for no good reason.

The second album is similar in musical style, but I really don't have a recollection of the individual songs, so I don't want to comment. I guess I didn't listen to it as much as the first album, for whatever reason. If you like the first, then go for the second, which I think was called The World We Drive Through.

Troy
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I thought the first one was kinda boring. None of the songs ever connected with me. I think mainly because of the writing.

Typical of a lot of modern prog, they get the throwback sounds and style right, but the songs are uninvolving.

Mr Peabody
01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I have the first album, Music That Died Alone. I liked the music on this album a lot. The vocals took some getting used to. I'd like to try the 2nd but no samples are on Amazon and I'm not sure where else would have any.