The new Pioneer receivers are coming ! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The new Pioneer receivers are coming !

Dmax
01-20-2006, 06:27 PM
If you like the VSX-815 then you will love the new VSX-816 . I cant wait to see it,even the new VSX- 516 which is there cheapest is a 7.1 :)

thekid
01-21-2006, 08:40 AM
If you like the VSX-815 then you will love the new VSX-816 . I cant wait to see it,even the new VSX- 516 which is there cheapest is a 7.1 :)

That might explain why my local BB no longer carries the 815 that I just bought there a month ago. They only had the 1015 and 515. I will have to check out the 816 to see if this an upgrade or just a reason to hold/increase price points. In either case the older models still maybe available at a discount.

thekid
01-21-2006, 01:59 PM

Dmax

Where did you get the info on the 816?
I went on the Pioneer website and did not see it listed under their receivers.

Dmax
01-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Dmax

Where did you get the info on the 816?
I went on the Pioneer website and did not see it listed under their receivers.www.JR.com if you want to order one in advance, there are no pictures of them but they discuss all of the new features they have and that they will be arriving very soon . Pioneer rarely shows there new receivers on there website before they hit stores.

Bigfishe
01-21-2006, 10:06 PM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/press/release/detail/0,,2076_4313_291805832,00.html

thekid
01-22-2006, 07:11 AM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/press/release/detail/0,,2076_4313_291805832,00.html

Thanx Bigfishe

I only looked in their product site. Appears from the breif release the only dif between the 815 and the 816 is the addition of XM radio capabilities. If any one is considering this unit I would think you can get the 815 at a discount rather than paying full price for a 816 if the XM feature is not important.

Dmax
01-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanx Bigfishe

I only looked in their product site. Appears from the breif release the only dif between the 815 and the 816 is the addition of XM radio capabilities. If any one is considering this unit I would think you can get the 815 at a discount rather than paying full price for a 816 if the XM feature is not important. I find the new 516 quite impressive :) and cheap.

Supamike
01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Sounds nice, but why not MSRP it at $399 and add HDMI support? Seems that's almost like releasing a new computer without USB support.

Edit: Just noticed that even the Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi (MSRP $4k) doesn't support HDMI... what's up with that? Why would they build in HDMI support on their Plasma and DVD players, and not on their high-end recievers? Perhaps they will support it in the newer mid-high end range?

I know their warranty isn't as good, but I keep seeing Pioneer mentioned with Yamaha, Denon, and Onkyo as one of the top 4-5 brands. What sets them behind the others? It appears that from a value perspective, they may be on par (esp. if they add support for new tech).

Just curious... if you own a Pioneer, what do you think of it? Are you satisified with your purchase?

Woochifer
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Sounds nice, but why not MSRP it at $399 and add HDMI support? Seems that's almost like releasing a new computer without USB support.

Edit: Just noticed that even the Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi (MSRP $4k) doesn't support HDMI... what's up with that? Why would they build in HDMI support on their Plasma and DVD players, and not on their high-end recievers? Perhaps they will support it in the newer mid-high end range?

Patience! Patience! I think it's a bit soon for HDMI to start showing up in entry level receivers, considering that they're only starting to make their way through the midlevel ranks. Keep in mind that HDMI has been around for less than two years, and only started showing up on receivers/processors last year. Flagship receivers are usually not updated annually like the entry level and midlevel models, so give it time. The rate of adoption will of course depend on what the competition does.

I know their warranty isn't as good, but I keep seeing Pioneer mentioned with Yamaha, Denon, and Onkyo as one of the top 4-5 brands. What sets them behind the others? It appears that from a value perspective, they may be on par (esp. if they add support for new tech).

Pioneer Elite's warranty runs two years, which is on par with what the others give you (Yamaha's RX-Z series and Sony's ES series models have five-year warranties in the U.S.). Pioneer's getting noticed because they've put out a decent run of good reliable receivers the last couple of years. The VSX-1015 in particular seems like an excellent buy for the features and purported sound quality that it delivers. The others are consistently mentioned because they've put out competitive and reliable products year after year. Other companies like harman/kardon, Sony, Marantz, and yes, Pioneer, have had bad stretches at some point in the last 10 years, and that takes time to recover from.

Yamaha usually does not take the lead with offering the most features for the money. If anything, over the years, their receivers have been more expensive than comparable offerings from Sony, Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, etc. because of their reputation for making more ruggedly built and reliable products. Pioneer's obviously making a push to improve their products, and reestablishing their reputation by undercutting the others on price.

wayner86
01-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Any idea as to when the new Pio Elite models will be released?

p.s. pio elite carries a 3 yr warranty ;)

Dmax
01-25-2006, 07:07 AM

p.s. pio elite carries a 3 yr warranty ;) Havent heard anything about new Pioneer Elite models coming but im sure they'll save the best they've got ( Elite) for last ;)

Woochifer
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM

p.s. pio elite carries a 3 yr warranty ;)

Well, their flagship receiver at least seems to only have a two-year warranty ...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4155_41448491_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_P roductDetailComponent

Supamike
01-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Looks like they're either out, or getting on board... noticed today the (new?) Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV (MSRP $1200) and VSX-74TXVi (MSRP $1500) support HDMI.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4155_272584183,00.html

If they release HDMI support in their Elite receiver at the $750 price point (currently the VSX-52TX), or their "high-end" mid-range reciever (the VSX-1015TX), they would be pretty hard to ignore.

Dmax
01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Looks like they're either out, or getting on board... noticed today the (new?) Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV (MSRP $1200) and VSX-74TXVi (MSRP $1500) support HDMI.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4155_272584183,00.html

If they release HDMI support in their Elite receiver at the $750 price point (currently the VSX-52TX), or their "high-end" mid-range reciever (the VSX-1015TX), they would be pretty hard to ignore.The Elite VSX-72TXV is FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL ! I'd it for looks alone . :rolleyes:

wayner86
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Odd that the flagship warranty is only 2 years, and the rest of the elite line is 3.

The VSX-72 & 74 are last years releases, i think the next models to come are the 76 & 78, don't quote me on that though. I'm curious to see what the new models have to offer.

The 72 is a pretty nice looking unit, im in the market for a AVR upgrade and im thinking about picking up a 72 for myself in the next couple of weeks. But with my luck as soon as the return policy is up the 76 & 78 will be released. :rolleyes:

ttskyline01
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM

Just curious... if you own a Pioneer, what do you think of it? Are you satisified with your purchase?

I own the Pioneer VSX-1015TX and i must say from a Former Yamaha owner and still a big Yamaha fan, I must say that the 1015 is a BEAST!!!!!!! I can clearly see why people talk so highly about this receiver!!