Energy online authorized dealers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Energy online authorized dealers?

L.J.
01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I was looking at the website and noticed no authorized online dealers are listed. Does anyone know of any?

Since Good Guys closed, my nearest dealer is 50+ miles away.

PAT.P
01-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I was looking at the website and noticed no authorized online dealers are listed. Does anyone know of any?

Since Good Guys closed, my nearest dealer is 50+ miles away.Whats 50+ miles :D Your young ,I would drive you but live in Canada and my dealer is very near. ;)

L.J.
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Whats 50+ miles :D Your young ,I would drive you but live in Canada and my dealer is very near. ;)

Looks like I'll have to drive. There is no authorized online dealers.

PAT.P
01-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Looks like I'll have to drive. There is no authorized online dealers.
What kind of Energy are you looking for BTW ,the Viritas are some nice speakers.

JohnMichael
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
AudioAdvisor has the C-3 on clearance for $299.99/pr.

L.J.
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
What kind of Energy are you looking for BTW ,the Viritas are some nice speakers.

I was asking out of curiosity.

If I'm not mistaken I listened to some when I purchased my C-9's. Well outta my price range for speakers. Close to $2k if I remember correctly. The family has to eat ya know. I got my C-9's at 50% off, thanks to the new RC line taking over. I got good sounds and my family can eat. win win :)

GMichael
01-19-2006, 12:59 PM

If I'm not mistaken I listened to some when I purchased my C-9's. Well outta my price range for speakers. Close to $2k if I remember correctly. The family has to eat ya know. I got my C-9's at 50% off, thanks to the new RC line taking over. I got good sounds and my family can eat. win win :)

Food is overrated. I can live longer on music.

L.J.
01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Food is overrated. I can live longer on music.

So your next set of speakers are gonna run about $2K?

GMichael
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
So your next set of speakers are gonna run about $2K?

After the house is built. $1725 for the 1.6's, $300 for the center, $300 surrounds, $300 rears, $300 pressence. What's that total. Oh yeah, I'll need amps too.

But I do need that roof first. :rolleyes:

L.J.
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
After the house is built. $1725 for the 1.6's, $300 for the center, $300 surrounds, $300 rears, $300 pressence. What's that total. Oh yeah, I'll need amps too.

But I do need that roof first. :rolleyes:

You forgot sub. You just cant get pretty new speakers and not a new sub, it's just not right. :rolleyes:

GMichael
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
You forgot sub. You just cant get pretty new speakers and not a new sub, it's just not right. :rolleyes:

I'm liking the numbers on the SVS 16-46PC PLUS.

L.J.
01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm liking the numbers on the SVS 16-46PC PLUS.

I always wondered about the cylindar subs. They look nice and take up less space. WAF :D

GMichael
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I always wondered about the cylindar subs. They look nice and take up less space. WAF :D

And BIG! Don't forget big. OHR OHR OHR

L.J.
01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
AudioAdvisor has the C-3 on clearance for $299.99/pr.

$249 actually. 50% off. Perfect for my bedroom :D

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ENERC3B&product_name=Connoisseur%20C-3%20Bookshelf%20Speakers%20-%20Black%20Ash%20Pair

Feanor
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM

Well worth it I might add.

PAT.P
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM

If I'm not mistaken I listened to some when I purchased my C-9's. Well outta my price range for speakers. Close to $2k if I remember correctly. The family has to eat ya know. I got my C-9's at 50% off, thanks to the new RC line taking over. I got good sounds and my family can eat. win win :) Thats what the spouse tells me that I have to feed them. :confused: She better not go in the workshop I have 2 brand new Dahlquist Cchannel still in box. In 2005 bought receiver 7.1,Dahlquist CC QX60ca (retail $700 CND) the one in workshop are the CC QX40 ca (retail $500 each ) ,31 band EQ,Yamaha SACD/DVD-A 5 disc player for my Xmas gift :D ,my son for is Xmas gift the Energy Act sub and a pair of the new C series C50 speakers .I did tell the spouse I was done for the year (2005) :D Now where in 2006 so its a new year just bought a Panamax Max 5100 surge /filter /power conditioner. I could of bought the Veritas towers (factory 2nd ) Reg $5500 for $2000 but I think she would of freak out on me ;) The new series are great ,have a listen to them and you'll see what I mean.The tweeter as a cub in the back of it.The drivers are totaly changed and more bass.

PAT.P
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
$249 actually. 50% off. Perfect for my bedroom :D

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ENERC3B&product_name=Connoisseur%20C-3%20Bookshelf%20Speakers%20-%20Black%20Ash%20PairThats a very good price for the C-3 and they sound great . :D

L.J.
01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
I've been handling the money with wifee since we were kids so she lets me do whatever with no complaints. I may just give those C3's a listen. I gotta mid/high end store close by that carries Paradigm, Klipsch and a few others for me to look at and then I got Magnolia to peep out also(although I drop in about once per week :D ). I gotta bunch of old gear I need to clear out the bedroom and set up a nice 2.0 for the time being. Bonus for me. I clear the 7 speakers collecting dust out of the bedroom and move in 2 nice bookshelves. Can you say WAF ;) .

PAT.P
01-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I've been handling the money with wifee since we were kids so she lets me do whatever with no complaints. I may just give those C3's a listen. I gotta mid/high end store close by that carries Paradigm, Klipsch and a few others for me to look at and then I got Magnolia to peep out also(although I drop in about once per week :D ). I gotta bunch of old gear I need to clear out the bedroom and set up a nice 2.0 for the time being. Bonus for me. I clear the 7 speakers collecting dust out of the bedroom and move in 2 nice bookshelves. Can you say WAF ;) .My spouse says what hers is hers and what mine is hers :confused: She had just re-mortgage one house ,paid all my credit cards,paid of the car loan .In Dec re-mortgage the other house ,dont you know our 2nd car breaks down .Now bought a 2005 and more payment ,you dig yourself out of a hole and fall back in it again :rolleyes:

GMichael
01-20-2006, 06:08 AM
I've been handling the money with wifee since we were kids .

Since you were kids? Please don't tell us she's your sister?

L.J.
01-20-2006, 06:25 AM
My spouse says what hers is hers and what mine is hers :confused: She had just re-mortgage one house ,paid all my credit cards,paid of the car loan .In Dec re-mortgage the other house ,dont you know our 2nd car breaks down .Now bought a 2005 and more payment ,you dig yourself out of a hole and fall back in it again :rolleyes:

Isnt that the truth :( . Well at least you have good sounds and your health :) .

L.J.
01-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Since you were kids? Please don't tell us she's your sister?

Now GM, that's just sick!

GMichael
01-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Now GM, that's just sick!

Yes! It is! So please 'splane Lucy. What's this, sinse we were kids, stuff?

L.J.
01-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Yes! It is! So please 'splane Lucy. What's this, sinse we were kids, stuff?

You know teenagers. We met at the movies, as teenagers, dated and just stayed together. We've been married for 8 years now.

GMichael
01-20-2006, 08:32 AM
You know teenagers. We met at the movies, as teenagers, dated and just stayed together. We've been married for 8 years now.

Awww. That's so cool.

JohnMichael
01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Awww. That's so cool.

Yes it is. GM you should start a thread about how we met the loves of our lives. I hope everyone would be ready for my romantic story.

GMichael
01-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes it is. GM you should start a thread about how we met the loves of our lives. I hope everyone would be ready for my romantic story.

Huh? me? Everyone will think that,, I'm a.. girl.

L.J.
01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Huh? me? Everyone will think that,, I'm a.. girl.

What!(drops soda) you're a guy :eek:

GMichael
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
What!(drops soda) you're a guy :eek:

(in my most sultry voice) That's right big guy. I'm all man. Didn't you know?

Are we still on for tonight? ;)

HT BUFF
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Sure, www.audioshop.on.ca, CDN $ & ship all over North America

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Sure, www.audioshop.on.ca, CDN $ & ship all over North America Thats my home town store.Mark really great guy to talk with:D

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Isnt that the truth :( . Well at least you have good sounds and your health :) .Yes but there a price to pay ! Screaming kid and nagging wife :D

L.J.
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Yes but there a price to pay ! Screaming kid and nagging wife :D

That's when you turn the volume knob to the right ;)

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
That's when you turn the volume knob to the right ;) You dont know the wife? She could be one mean dancing machine. :D

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
(in my most sultry voice) That's right big guy. I'm all man. Didn't you know?

Are we still on for tonight? ;)Are you sticking with this ,all man right?

GMichael
01-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Are you sticking with this ,all man right?

How did you access my hard drive?

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 02:38 PM
How did you access my hard drive? Excuse me ! never access your hard drive :D Starting to wonder about you.

GMichael
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Excuse me ! never access your hard drive :D Starting to wonder about you.

No need to wonder. :p :o ;)

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
No need to wonder. :p :o ;)Never touch and never will touch a mans "Hard Drive" :eek:

L.J.
01-20-2006, 03:49 PM
You dont know the wife? She could be one mean dancing machine. :D

:eek:

GMichael
01-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Never touch and never will touch a mans "Hard Drive" :eek:

I like this girl. She's got spunk. :p

L.J.
01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I like this girl. She's got spunk. :p

Got Milk?

Woochifer
01-20-2006, 06:40 PM

I see that this thread has veered very far off course! Just a brief break to get back to the original topic ...

Energy probably adheres to the same policy that Paradigm, PSB, and dozens of other speaker manufacturers follow -- maintain a tight hold on the retail dealer network by granting territorial exclusivity and not allowing mail order sales. Anything that you find online is likely through an unauthorized vendor.

What part of Cali do you live in? I suspect that with Good Guys' demise, you'll see new dealers signing on with them throughout Cali fairly soon. In general, independent audio dealers don't like to stock the same items that chain stores carry, and Energy's long-standing relationship with Good Guys probably turned plenty of dealers towards other alternatives. With Good Guys no longer in the picture, Energy's now a very attractive brand to bring into the fold because they produce very competitive speakers at several different price points, all the way from their entry level Act packages to the $4k Veritas floorstanders, and can easily fill a lot of holes in an independent dealer's speaker lineup.

Okay, back to recess... :D

L.J.
01-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I see that this thread has veered very far off course! Just a brief break to get back to the original topic ...

Energy probably adheres to the same policy that Paradigm, PSB, and dozens of other speaker manufacturers follow -- maintain a tight hold on the retail dealer network by granting territorial exclusivity and not allowing mail order sales. Anything that you find online is likely through an unauthorized vendor.

What part of Cali do you live in? I suspect that with Good Guys' demise, you'll see new dealers signing on with them throughout Cali fairly soon. In general, independent audio dealers don't like to stock the same items that chain stores carry, and Energy's long-standing relationship with Good Guys probably turned plenty of dealers towards other alternatives. With Good Guys no longer in the picture, Energy's now a very attractive brand to bring into the fold because they produce very competitive speakers at several different price points, all the way from their entry level Act packages to the $4k Veritas floorstanders, and can easily fill a lot of holes in an independent dealer's speaker lineup.

Okay, back to recess... :D

I'm in Modesto. I called a few CompUSA/Goodguys combo stores today and they still carry the Energy line. One was in Sacramento, San Mateo and Frisco. The other dealers are in the bay area also. Not that it hurts to take a drive, it was just nice to run into the local Good Guys that was right next to Target, while the wife was shopping, and peep out some speakers. There is a local shop close by that carries Paradigm and a few others, though.

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 07:43 PM

Okay, back to recess... :DThe last picture was full of Energy :D To bad I already add my towers.I could of bought the Veritas towers (factory 2nd) at $2000 CND boxing week sale. They look great and sound even better.

L.J.
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
The last picture was full of Energy :D To bad I already add my towers.I could of bought the Veritas towers (factory 2nd) at $2000 CND boxing week sale. They look great and sound even better.

Surely you coulda snuck those in the house. You know, real quiet like :rolleyes:

Woochifer
01-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm in Modesto. I called a few CompUSA/Goodguys combo stores today and they still carry the Energy line. One was in Sacramento, San Mateo and Frisco. The other dealers are in the bay area also. Not that it hurts to take a drive, it was just nice to run into the local Good Guys that was right next to Target, while the wife was shopping, and peep out some speakers. There is a local shop close by that carries Paradigm and a few others, though.

Ah, that would be Custom TV! One of the few dealers anywhere that carries both Paradigm and B&W. I went there a few years ago (before they moved to their current location) when I was in Modesto on business, and thought the service there was great. I also used to visit frequently when my friend from college lived out there. Topspeed's also out in the valley, and he snagged a pair of the B&W CDM bookshelf speakers from Custom TV on closeout for about half off.

I guess in the meantime, you'll have to start shopping the other Target store along Highway 99, since that store "just happens" to be located next to a Best Buy store that "just happens" to have a Magnolia Home Theater ministore inside.

Or consider that there be plenty of Target stores in the Bay Area too! :D Tell your wife that she absolutely MUST shop at the San Mateo Target store, cuz it's not just any Target store, but a TARGET GREATLAND store! (Oh, and that CompUSA/Good Guys combo store just happens to be nearby)

L.J.
01-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Ah, that would be Custom TV! One of the few dealers anywhere that carries both Paradigm and B&W. I went there a few years ago (before they moved to their current location) when I was in Modesto on business, and thought the service there was great. I also used to visit frequently when my friend from college lived out there. Topspeed's also out in the valley, and he snagged a pair of the B&W CDM bookshelf speakers from Custom TV on closeout for about half off.

I guess in the meantime, you'll have to start shopping the other Target store along Highway 99, since that store "just happens" to be located next to a Best Buy store that "just happens" to have a Magnolia Home Theater ministore inside.

Or consider that there be plenty of Target stores in the Bay Area too! :D Tell your wife that she absolutely MUST shop at the San Mateo Target store, cuz it's not just any Target store, but a TARGET GREATLAND store! (Oh, and that CompUSA/Good Guys combo store just happens to be nearby)

Wow, you know exactly where I'm at. You can usually find me at that BB on Tuesdays ;) . Only a few exits from the house. Although I try to play the good husband role she's pretty much figured why I go shopping with her. Odds are if I even make it into target, I'll be in the DVD section.

PAT.P
01-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Surely you coulda snuck those in the house. You know, real quiet like :rolleyes:The V2.2i yes, but the V2.4i at 46"x 18" X 8" 3/4 no way in this world.

L.J.
01-21-2006, 07:25 PM
The V2.2i yes, but the V2.4i at 46"x 18" X 8" 3/4 no way in this world.

Took a little speaker run today. I auditioned the Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 and Paradigm mini monitors for the bedroom. I also swung by Magnolia and drooled at the MartinLogins and a few others for a little while. Next I'll be listening to those C-3's.

PAT.P
01-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Took a little speaker run today. I auditioned the Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 and Paradigm mini monitors for the bedroom. I also swung by Magnolia and drooled at the MartinLogins and a few others for a little while. Next I'll be listening to those C-3's.Dif in price with MartinLogins ;) Before I bought my speakers I had audition a few and for the $$ and imaging at my budget I went with Dahlquist.Now dont know whats up with this the new owners(Nuance took it over) sent them email and they dont respond .If thats the way they do business they are going to go under.I think they are holding the name to sell it again.

L.J.
01-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Dif in price with MartinLogins ;) Before I bought my speakers I had audition a few and for the $$ and imaging at my budget I went with Dahlquist.Now dont know whats up with this the new owners(Nuance took it over) sent them email and they dont respond .If thats the way they do business they are going to go under.I think they are holding the name to sell it again.

The Logins are so pretty :) . i didn't get a chance to listen today because the people at Magnolia were running around all crazy with customers. I like to go in the middle of the week when it's quiet. Although I have no plains on buying a $2k pair of logins I'm still gonna give em a good listen. I would eventually like to place my Vegas with something nice for music listenin' only.

PAT.P
01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
The Logins are so pretty :) . i didn't get a chance to listen today because the people at Magnolia were running around all crazy with customers. I like to go in the middle of the week when it's quiet. Although I have no plains on buying a $2k pair of logins I'm still gonna give em a good listen. I would eventually like to place my Vegas with something nice for music listenin' only.I have to tighten my belt on spending ,wife really want this house on our street . I would have to sell both house and her mom would sell hers(to move in with us :eek: ) Told my spouse I make room in the garage/barn :D

L.J.
01-22-2006, 08:03 AM
I have to tighten my belt on spending ,wife really want this house on our street . I would have to sell both house and her mom would sell hers(to move in with us :eek: ) Told my spouse I make room in the garage/barn :D

Good luck on that one! ;)

I've lived with the in-law(her mom) before and that's a never again deal for me. Just didn't work out. Yes, set yourself up with a nice hide away spot in the garage. :D

L.J.
01-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey Pat,

I got those C-3's a day ago and they're great. And the wife likes em too, so that's a double plus. I've threw a little bit of everything at em and I'm happy with sound. I guess it's only right since I got their big brothers the C-9's. I auditioned a few others, but these sound awesome and have been the cheapest.

PAT.P
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey Pat,

I got those C-3's a day ago and they're great. And the wife likes em too, so that's a double plus. I've threw a little bit of everything at em and I'm happy with sound. I guess it's only right since I got their big brothers the C-9's. I auditioned a few others, but these sound awesome and have been the cheapest.Glad you like them ,I had a listen to them when I bought my son Energy speakers and the bass was pretty good. :D

PAT.P
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Good luck on that one! ;)

I've lived with the in-law(her mom) before and that's a never again deal for me. Just didn't work out. Yes, set yourself up with a nice hide away spot in the garage. :DMy mother in-law pays and takes my son to Judo twice a week.Take him every weekend overnight so me and the spouse could relax.She only lives down the road and if she ever moves with us she would have her own apt inside .

L.J.
01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
My mother in-law pays and takes my son to Judo twice a week.Take him every weekend overnight so me and the spouse could relax.She only lives down the road and if she ever moves with us she would have her own apt inside .

Not a bad deal. :D

PAT.P
01-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Not a bad deal. :DI know :D As for my father in-law he lives in Europe so Im safe.He is re-married to the Minister of Justice .They paid all the expense for my son and wife when they spend a month there last summer.Plane ,spending money ,chauffer .Poor me I dont fly and had to re-shingle the roof.

L.J.
01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I know :D As for my father in-law he lives in Europe so Im safe.He is re-married to the Minister of Justice .They paid all the expense for my son and wife when they spend a month there last summer.Plane ,spending money ,chauffer .Poor me I dont fly and had to re-shingle the roof.

No wife or kids for a whole month. Oh how awful :rolleyes:

PAT.P
01-27-2006, 04:00 PM
No wife or kids for a whole month. Oh how awful :rolleyes:I dont see it that way :D my neighbour fed me ,went to 2 party .I had a chance to blast the music.It was my vacation also :D Never put the laundry away,left the dishes in sink and did'nt get nag ;)

L.J.
01-27-2006, 05:20 PM
.....Getting new bookshelves for my bedroom left me with some extra speakers so I'm gonna hook up a system I've been using in my garage in my kids room. He's only 7 and he's so excited about it. He even has a little DVD collection going on. Like father, like son.

PAT.P
01-27-2006, 06:40 PM
.....Getting new bookshelves for my bedroom left me with some extra speakers so I'm gonna hook up a system I've been using in my garage in my kids room. He's only 7 and he's so excited about it. He even has a little DVD collection going on. Like father, like son.Great ! This is a great way to teach kids early in life how to take care of their stuff and give Dad some space :D

L.J.
01-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Great ! This is a great way to teach kids early in life how to take care of their stuff and give Dad some space :D

Ah, I've been waiting for him to discover the glory of his privacy and having his own space. Any day now..........