Ground loop fix [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ground loop fix

Evan
01-18-2004, 08:20 AM
I have found that I have a ground loop hum and hum bar that is coming from my satellite receiver. I have been able to get rid of the audio hum using a Radio Shack ground loop isolator (audio). I was curious if anyone has had the same problem and what they found for getting rid of the scrolling horizontal bar (video)?

Thanks, E

brian_tr
01-18-2004, 03:17 PM
I have been having trouble with my sub. It will start humming. I can unplug the coax and it will quit or I can turn the reciever off and it will quit. The sub still works while it is humming. Is this a ground loop problem?

This Guy
01-18-2004, 03:19 PM
yes thats a ground loop

brian_tr
01-18-2004, 03:30 PM
How do I fix it. It does not do it all the time, mostly when I'm playing it loud? I have tried to plug it into a different outlet.

Evan
01-18-2004, 04:39 PM
How do I fix it. It does not do it all the time, mostly when I'm playing it loud? I have tried to plug it into a different outlet.

I got rid of the audio hum using a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack($6.99). It's for home or car audio.
I just need to figure out how to get rid of the video "bar" ?
Has anyone used a power line conditioner, would it help?

mtrycraft
01-18-2004, 06:28 PM
I got rid of the audio hum using a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack($6.99). It's for home or car audio.

RS should have a similar ground isolator for the antenna cable. That is where it should be done first.

stan2
01-19-2004, 08:04 AM
for the ground loop problem in my home setup was to run most of the equipment thru a radioshack power strip bar. even the tv cable. humm went away.

Evan
01-19-2004, 02:16 PM
RS should have a similar ground isolator for the antenna cable. That is where it should be done first.

It would be great if the problem was as simple as the antenna cable.
My problem lies with the sat.receiver it self. The ground loop problem remains without the antenna cable hooked up, its a 60 hz AC issue.

MCF
05-02-2005, 12:53 PM

DID YOU EVER GET RID OF YOUR GROUND LOOP HORIZONTAL VIDEO 'BAR'? I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

Thanks.