'Sweet Soul Music' singer Conley dies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 'Sweet Soul Music' singer Conley dies

tentoze
11-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Monday, November 17, 2003 Posted: 3:31 PM EST (2031 GMT)
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/images/1.gif .

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) -- Arthur Conley, a 1960s soul singer and protege of Otis Redding, died Monday at his home in the Netherlands, a friend said. He was 57. Conley suffered from intestinal cancer and had grown progressively weak in recent weeks, said Gunter Giesen, the band leader of a group Conley was advising. He died in his home in Ruurlo, in the eastern Netherlands, where he had lived for several decades after fleeing the pressure of the U.S. music industry,

MindGoneHaywire
11-17-2003, 04:25 PM
I did mention this in the thread about Speedy West, but I had to edit it to do so & while I thought I was changing the subject line, it only did so once you actually open the thread.

BTW just wondering if you ever got that CDR I sent ya?

tentoze
11-17-2003, 04:35 PM
I did mention this in the thread about Speedy West, but I had to edit it to do so & while I thought I was changing the subject line, it only did so once you actually open the thread.

BTW just wondering if you ever got that CDR I sent ya?

Sorry for the double-post, in that case. Indeed I did get that thing- mentioned it in one of the Tuesday spinnage cycles. It's great. Sport is great. Still haven't gotten back to FL, so no reciprocation with any B. R. toons. Maybe after the 1st of the year, the way things look now.....................

:eek:

MindGoneHaywire
11-18-2003, 09:14 AM
No worries! I didn't catch the mention, I don't always read the Tuesday threads. Some weeks by the time I get to it it's become a monster that's difficult to navigate & if I don't have anything to post in it I might avoid it altogether. Glad you got it, I was just concerned that it didn't get where it was going. Something I wanted you to hear since you're one of the few people I know who's stumbled across the guy on yr own...and what he used to do is far different from what he does now.