Dream Gear [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dream Gear

Bernd
01-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi Guys,

Day off today (early finish), so let's dream.
The room is a given and you will have a blank cheque for your dream gear.
What would you choose?
And to make it more interesting, select if possible, from products you have listened too.

Here goes:

Amp: Unison Research-845 Absolute

Speakers: Zingali-Home Monitor 215

TT: SME 30 Series V arm

Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx Platinum Coil

Phono amp: Art Audio-Vinyl One

CD Player: Teac Esoteric X-01

Cables: Cardas Golden Reference

Ahh-if only.

Enjoy

Bernd

Resident Loser
01-19-2006, 05:43 AM
...luckily, I have gear that has served me long and well, so I have little urge to improve my lot...it simply works for me.

Some gear, such as the amp suggested, want to make me run amuck shouting "Fritz!...the kites, the kites..." and if the speakers sound half as good as they look, they're probably wonderfull...as for the rest, it's nice to see SME is still doin' it's thing after all these years and against all the "competing" formats...nice to see an analog system, no matter how stratospheric the prices might be.

I haven't much of a clue as to where I'd even start other than to say step one: electrostatic loudspeakers...I think everything else would be somewhat dictated by that initial choice...

jimHJJ(...have a good one...)

Bernd
01-19-2006, 06:24 AM
...luckily, I have gear that has served me long and well, so I have little urge to improve my lot...it simply works for me.

Some gear, such as the amp suggested, want to make me run amuck shouting "Fritz!...the kites, the kites..." and if the speakers sound half as good as they look, they're probably wonderfull...as for the rest, it's nice to see SME is still doin' it's thing after all these years and against all the "competing" formats...nice to see an analog system, no matter how stratospheric the prices might be.

I haven't much of a clue as to where I'd even start other than to say step one: electrostatic loudspeakers...I think everything else would be somewhat dictated by that initial choice...

jimHJJ(...have a good one...)

I have heard the amp and speaker combination at my dealers showroom.Words fail me to explain. It was the closest to the real thing I have experienced, and the reason I bought from those two manufacturers.
I am also very happy with my system, but if I come across any spare change I will certainly try to turn my dream into reality.I think pride of ownership kicks in somewhere along the way too.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd

Mr Peabody
01-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I am happy with my Conrad Johnson like no other audio gear I've heard.

If I had a blank check though I'd upgrade to the C-J Premier 140 power amp and the top of the line preamp. Speakers would be the Martin Logan Summits. I'd use an Audio Note transport and top DAC. I use a Rega P3 TT and haven't heard too many other high end TT's but I'd be tempted to try a Linn LP12. I like the AcousTech Ph1p phono stage but I'd be tempted to try the Sutherland battery powered. My cables would either be Transparent or Siltech depending on which sounded best with the system.

If we were including gear we aren't familiar with or heard before, I'd like to hear an all Audio Note system.

Bernd
01-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Good Choices. I do like the CJ premier items. Am also very impressed by the Sutherland battery powered Phono amp.
Have fun.

Bernd