Not many Weezer fans out there, I guess. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not many Weezer fans out there, I guess.

Finch Platte
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
I can see why, now. :rolleyes: They kinda suck.

I picked up a couple of free DVD samplers at Best Buy this evening. It's 3 songs recorded for sessions@aol, and it's just them in a studio-like setting. No audience, and the drummer is behind them in a glassed-in patio-like thing, isolated. Boring as all get-out. The band looks like they're pissed at each other- there's virtually no eye contact, and certainly no interaction w/ the camera.

I think it's terrible, but for you huge Weezer fans, maybe it's a must-have.

If you must have it, PM me. I have 2 copies I can send out.

Oh, yeah- the songs are: Perfect Situation, Buddy Holly and Don't Let Go.

FA, if you want one, I can put it w/ the Asia disc.

fp

ForeverAutumn
01-19-2006, 05:16 AM
Thanks!....but no thanks.

I have their first disk. I think that I listened to it twice and then never again. Now it just takes up space on my CD rack. Their current radio hit, Beverly Hills, is just plain annoying. When I do occasionally listen to the radio, and this song comes on, the radio just gets turned off again. I'm not a fan.

3-LockBox
01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I kinda liked their last ceedee, for what it was worth. Not a desert island disc or anything.

But the song Beverly Hills is just plain embarrising. Pure drivel.

I wonder if Rick Ocasick still produces them?

ToddL
01-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Weezer had their day but when Matt Sharp(their original bass player) left they should have called it quits. I have wanted to vent that for years!

Troy
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Funny, there used to be weezer love here. I even had a comp someone here put together for me.

Never warmed to it.

Stone
01-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Weezer had their day but when Matt Sharp(their original bass player) left they should have called it quits. I have wanted to vent that for years!

I agree. That first album is very good, and I still listen to Pinkerton on a semi-regular basis, and still think that album is great.

SlumpBuster
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Every time I've thought about picking up a weezer disk, i've gotten a sloan disk instead. I think weezer gets too much credit for what they do.

bacchanal
01-21-2006, 12:48 PM
The first two albums were great, but their releases since then leave a lot to be desired. There are a couple okay songs, but that is about it. The funny thing though is that they can still write pretty decent music. A lot of their non-released stuff from the last few years is pretty good. It just seems that Rivers is more into trying to release crappy 'radio-hit' type songs than real music, and the rest of the band doesn't have much of a say in the matter.

For what it's worth, I own all their albums. Pinkerton is the best by far. I've only listened to every release since then a few times each. The latest album is pretty bad...and that is being nice.

Finch Platte
01-21-2006, 08:23 PM
74 views here, 139 on another board and I'm still stuck with the 2 discs. :rolleyes:

fp

-Jar-
01-21-2006, 10:34 PM

But the song Beverly Hills is just plain embarrising. Pure drivel.

I don't know why I like that song but I do. It's a mindless pop song for the sake of being a mindless pop song. Comparing it to PINKERTON era stuff is apples to oranges.

Besides, who else could put "I Love Rock n' Roll" and "The Joker" (both brainless fluff hits themselves) together in one song? The song just drips with sarcasm.

I mean, they're the same band who did the goofy-ass "Buddy Holly" - why the urge to hold them up to some kind of godlike status?