Matching front speakers to JBL SC305 center channel speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Matching front speakers to JBL SC305 center channel speaker

BredStik
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi!

I'm currently using a JBL SC305 center channel speaker with non-matching front-left and front-right speaker. How can I choose front speakers that will match will with my center channel speaker? Is there any speaker in the JBL brand that will match? Can another brand match? How do I find out? I don't know alot about speakers... I don't have much money right now, but I'm looking for a pair of front floorstanding speakers that would go well with my current center channel speaker.

Thanks for your help!

BredStik
01-18-2006, 05:55 AM
ok, I know may of you aren't big JBL fans, but I'd like some inputs please ;-) Also, I'd like to mention I'm looking for something under 500$. For most of you, a 500$ speaker may be the worst possible thing, but what do you think is the best I could get for that amount that would match my center channel?

Thanks again

audio_dude
01-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey, first thing, $500 would be like heaven to me so don't dis it! now, you can find a speaker that will match by comparing the characteristics, re: frequency response, ohms, wattage. and you will probably need a sub, or do you have one.

BredStik
01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey, first thing, $500 would be like heaven to me so don't dis it! now, you can find a speaker that will match by comparing the characteristics, re: frequency response, ohms, wattage. and you will probably need a sub, or do you have one.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I currently own a very low-end Yamaha subwoofer. I don't plan on upgrading very soon, but one day, it'll be replaced. Right now, I'm looking for OK mains.

The specs for the JBL SC305 are the following:

Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Frequency Response 100Hz - 20kHz
Crossover Frequency(ies) 2.7kHz
Sensitivity 87dB (1 watt/1 meter)

So you're saying that I should be looking for speakers with similar specs?

Thanks again

PAT.P
01-18-2006, 09:15 PM
ok, I know may of you aren't big JBL fans, but I'd like some inputs please ;-) Also, I'd like to mention I'm looking for something under 500$. For most of you, a 500$ speaker may be the worst possible thing, but what do you think is the best I could get for that amount that would match my center channel?

Thanks againI have nothing against JBL and own some.Take a look at the Northridge.There the E60 to E90 in your price range.

PAT.P
01-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi! Thanks for the reply! I currently own a very low-end Yamaha subwoofer. I don't plan on upgrading very soon, but one day, it'll be replaced. Right now, I'm looking for OK mains.

The specs for the JBL SC305 are the following:

Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Frequency Response 100Hz - 20kHz
Crossover Frequency(ies) 2.7kHz
Sensitivity 87dB (1 watt/1 meter)

So you're saying that I should be looking for speakers with similar specs?

Thanks againMostly build with the same material,drivers,tweeter and Nominal Impedance.