Prob with ZONE2 on Denon AVR-1706 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Prob with ZONE2 on Denon AVR-1706

fjpace
01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I recently purchased and installed the 1706, and I'm absolutely impressed with the unit except for two problems.

The second zone is only working with the tuner, and no other input (DVD, TV, CD). I have six speakers (other than my HT) in various rooms thruought my house, in the tuner mode, ZONE2 works fine with suffcient power and clarity. However, nothing comes through for the other inputs. The audio for my TV is through one of the OPTICAL inputs and my DVD is using the second. They're both assinged correctly, but still no dice.

The second problem is with the DTS function. Every DVD I play will show DOLBY D (on the screen of the receiver), and the surround sounds okay, but neither the orange dolby logo or the DTS logo will stay on past the showing of previews and menu? I'm using a Sony DVD (w/progressive and such), I've verified through it's menu that it's set for DTS and 5.1. Again, I'm lost on this one as well.

Any ideas?

phillyguy
01-20-2006, 07:37 AM
If it is like my Denon 3802, you will need to run a second set of RCA cables (from the device to the receiver) in addition to your optical cables for each device you want to be able to listen to on your Zone 2.

As for the DTS question, double check the set up on the DVD player, and the DTS is enabled. Then, make sure you have selected the audio you want from each DVD (Dobly Digital, or DTS). You may be just playing the 2 channel track on the DVD. The receiver should detect which to use automatically.

fjpace
01-20-2006, 01:58 PM
That's what I was thinking, and have begun to run the RCA cable's from my DVD player (in addition to the optical) back the AVR. I'll do the same with the TV and see if it works. I'll also double check my settings with the DVD player for the DTS playback as well.

Thanks!