I wanted to fall on my own sword after watching The Cave [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to fall on my own sword after watching The Cave

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I rely on my buddies here at AR to hip me when a movie is so bad that I wanted to commit suicide while eating a kenoly. This movie stole bits and pieces from just about every horror movie ever made. Its got some Alien, Bats, Invasion of the body snatchers, the thing, Pich Black, Anaconda shall I go on???? If you are going to rip things off, be good at it!

The visuals and sound where first rate, and what made this movie watchable. Good dynamic contrast in the picture, clean, some edge enhancement but not really bad. The sound was equally dynamic with good soundstaging, and some good work out effect for the sub.

Are there any other horrible gems you guys can warn me about before I spend more money at BB??

L.J.
01-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I rely on my buddies here at AR to hip me when a movie is so bad that I wanted to commit suicide while eating a kenoly. This movie stole bits and pieces from just about every horror movie ever made. Its got some Alien, Bats, Invasion of the body snatchers, the thing, Pich Black, Anaconda shall I go on???? If you are going to rip things off, be good at it!

The visuals and sound where first rate, and what made this movie watchable. Good dynamic contrast in the picture, clean, some edge enhancement but not really bad. The sound was equally dynamic with good soundstaging, and some good work out effect for the sub.

Are there any other horrible gems you guys can warn me about before I spend more money at BB??

Sure you were warned :D

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14854

eisforelectronic
01-15-2006, 02:29 PM

I'm pretty happy letting you watch the bad ones and then telling us all about them. Thanks for the review!

paul_pci
01-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, it sounds like you want others to fall on their sword so you don't have to. Nevertheless, by now you should be able to smell stinkers like the Cave. I mean, come on, what was there that suggested it would even remotely be a quality movie?

GMichael
01-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Tough crowd.