Broken Reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Broken Reciever

69 camaro SS
01-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey Everyone, I have a question, I have a yamaha RX-V 1050 reciever. Is it exspensive to have it repaired? The tuner never worked since I got it. Just recently the digital screen quit working. I thought if it wasnt to exspensive I would send it in to get repaired. Would be nice out in my garage. Also does anyone know a good place to send it? THANKS

Resident Loser
01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Everyone, I have a question, I have a yamaha RX-V 1050 reciever. Is it exspensive to have it repaired? *The tuner never worked since I got it. Just recently the digital screen quit working. I thought if it wasnt to exspensive I would send it in to get repaired. Would be nice out in my garage. Also does anyone know a good place to send it? THANKS

Was it new? Under waranty? Bad show...but anywho...

Most service centers will charge a fee to even take a look-see...most will forego that fee if you elect to have it serviced there...It's hard to tell how expensive something will be to have serviced...certain parts may only be available from the OEM source and due to that "monopoly", that cost's...Perhaps they may need info from the service manual which, depending on a unit's popularity, they may or may not have. SMs also cost, and most if not all that cost will passed on to the consumer...not pretty but true.

You are probably better off bringing it to an authorized servicenter, maybe even back to the mfr. as they may be a bit more thorough in bench testing all the functions and specs...

jimHJJ(...the operative word being "may"...)