Hey, check out this new Built To Spill song [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey, check out this new Built To Spill song

Slosh
01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
It's called "Going Against Your Mind" from the new album, You In Reverse and me likey! :) Third reply in thread.

http://obner.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=15635&sid=a22881e808173e4296a39a2cd68fd372

Enjoy :D

Davey
01-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Last edited by Slosh : Today at 04:23 PM. Reason: Spaten
Is Spaten your pet monkey that often types your posts? Cute name. Sounds kinda German. So what did the monkey write before you corrected it? http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Wish I had some Spaten right now. Are you lurking at the obner again? I've been listening to that latest My Morning Jacket the past week and it's pretty good.

-Jar-
01-13-2006, 06:51 PM
I like it.

3-LockBox
01-13-2006, 07:39 PM
but then again, I don't have to, because based on how much I liked their last two releases (Keep It Like A Secret and Ancient Melodies From The Future) I'll buy it as soon as I see it.

I been waiting for this band (Doug Marsch) to come straight-outta-Boise with a new album and teach those Bellingham wannabees a thing or two.

word.

Go Seahawks

3LB

Davey
01-13-2006, 07:46 PM
but then again, I don't have to, because based on how much I liked their last two releases (Keep It Like A Secret and Ancient Melodies From The Future) I'll buy it as soon as I see it.
Wow, and you don't even have close to their best album, Perfect From Now On. Hopefully it'll return to some of that Perfect classic long song progginess. But I'll get it too, no matter what the weather brings.

3-LockBox
01-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, and you don't even have close to their best album, Perfect From Now On. Hopefully it'll return to some of that Perfect classic long song progginess. But I'll get it too, no matter what the weather brings.

I didn't like Perfect From Now On that much

Slosh
01-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Hopefully it'll return to some of that Perfect classic long song progginess. But I'll get it too, no matter what the weather brings.Didn't you listen to it? It doesn't seem very long but it does clock in at 8:41. Have no idea if this is close to the final mix but it sounds pretty finished to me.
So what did the monkey write before you corrected it? :DI cut-n-pasted the ysi linky but it just took me to the You Send It homepage and not the actual mp3.
Go SeahawksBawhahahaha. Keep dreaming :p

NP: "Bad Light"

audiobill
01-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Cool. Can't wait to hear the rest. If this track is the middle-of-the-pack, (I hope so) imagine what the rest of the album will be like.

Looking fwd to it.

Thanks for the heads on this one,

Bill

Davey
01-14-2006, 09:36 AM
I didn't like Perfect From Now On that much
See, there ya go, that's just wrong. Just kidding, not wrong, and I know music is subjective and all that, but sometimes it just seems really odd that someone could like a band, but still not care for the album that stands out in most people's minds as their best. I mean, it's really not different, just better ;)

Didn't you listen to it?
No, I want the real thing. I usually don't listen to demos before something is released that I know I'll buy. And BTS is still on autobuy with me. Especially since Doug is on record saying that the band didn't fully have their hearts in the last record and wanted to take their time and put out a better one this time, more like Perfect. Music to my ears when I read that, even though I really like the last one and all that, it just doesn't have that rare and elusive magic fairy dust Perfect From Now On is imbued with.

NP: Califone - Heron King Blues (As big a fan as I am of these guys, it surprises even me that only got this one last week, but really digging it right now. Only got in a couple listens so far, and it is definitely more experimental than their other normal releases, but works well enough for me. Still lots of those Califone magic beans scattered amongst all the quiet noise and loops and Rutili fragmented ramblings.)