Center for B&W CDM1-SE [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Center for B&W CDM1-SE

pablocat
01-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi, folks! I've had my bookshelfs for about 7 years now and am very happy with them. My old receiver went bust and now have a Harmon Kardon AVR. I need a center channel. The companion one is the CDM CSE, but it appears to be very large and is fairly expensive, even used. Would a CC6 function just as nicely? Any other alternatives that might come close to matching my CDM1's? Or, just take the plunge and find a CSE?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Woochifer
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
For the CDM SE series, you really should try to track down one of the CDM center speakers. Others on this board who've used the CDM series in a HT configuration have said that the that it matches well with the mains. The CC6 was already a badly matched center speaker for the 600 series, so I would think that it would be an even worse match for the CDM SE series.

If you want to go with a center speaker, do it right and voice match it properly. Otherwise, you're better off with no center speaker than a poorly matched one.

topspeed
01-13-2006, 10:37 PM
For the CDM SE series, you really should try to track down one of the CDM center speakers. Others on this board who've used the CDM series in a HT configuration have said that the that it matches well with the mains. The CC6 was already a badly matched center speaker for the 600 series, so I would think that it would be an even worse match for the CDM SE series.

If you want to go with a center speaker, do it right and voice match it properly. Otherwise, you're better off with no center speaker than a poorly matched one.

Couldn't agree more. The cc is far too important in both HT and hi-rez mc playback. Don't screw around. Do it right.